Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
To coordinate Process Operations and Maintenance (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation & Condition Monitoring) training programs and activities at the Ahafo/Akyem mine site.
Job Title: Process Training Coordinator
- Health and Safety Management
- Accept personal responsibility for the health and safety of every employee under or assigned to his/her supervision.
- Post Training Evaluation and Maintenance
- Confirm that all training and assessment procedures are followed and all competencies; standards and/or regulations met before signing for the issue of certificate and permit.
- Staff Supervision
- Provide direct supervision to trainers and attend to any query escalations.
- Supervise training conducted through allocated staff
- Training Execution
- Coordinate and provide cost effective competency-based training and assessment programs delivered to Newmont and contractor employees to develop required skills and values.
- Training Planning and Analysis
Contribute to the provision of an appropriately trained and skillful workforce for the Process Plant
- Training Module Development
- Research, plan, and develop training modules to meet training needs, as per the competencies required; schedule and socialise training sessions.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Metallurgy / Chemical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- Senior Process Officer Certification / Sectional Engineer Certification (MINCOM).
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor IV.
- Working knowledge of HR policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years’ generalised experience in Process Operations / Maintenance, with previous facilitation experience, of which 2 – 3 years should be in a supervisory and / or coordinating capacity.
- Previous training experience in the mining industry is essential.
- Position is in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The incumbent is frequently exposed to loud noise during on-the-job technical training. Incumbent is occasionally exposed to noise, fumes, high temperatures, hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, unpaved pathways, pinch-points, extreme vibration, extreme weather, excavators and drilling rigs, slippery surfaces.
- Incumbent is based primarily in the field, conducting on-the-job training in an office-based environment