Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Facilities & Contracts Supervisor
To supervise, plan and coordinate contracted services to guarantee organisational contractual interests are well managed, and the department functions with maximum efficiency in terms of service delivery, maintenance, repairs and project compliance to local and company standards
Facilities & Contract Management
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Manage catering, janitorial and maintenance contracts at the sites, while adhering to the company standards.
- Contribute to the initiation, processing and establishment of Service Level Agreements for the maintenance of all equipment.
- Process all utility bills, operating permits, and rates for all leased properties, and keep an updated record of said activities.
- Manage and supervise the delivery of new infrastructure projects in terms of program, cost and quality in safe manner.
- Contribute to the negotiation of contracts renewal and extensions under site services.
- Manage the site accommodation units and other facilities such as recreational and office units to ensure high standard in terms of cleanliness, repairs and maintenance
Maintenance and Repairs
- Supervise general maintenance of facilities.
- Establish maintenance schedules and track maintenance for all serviceable equipment, as well as maintenance costs.
- Coordinate and supervise the resolution of all repairs and renovations.
- Coordinate day-to-day maintenance work activities efficiently.
- Carry out audits and inspections on facilities, including buildings, and vendors.
- Review and vet all maintenance bills from vendors.
- Update data on maintenance equipment and use data to generate reports for management review.
- Manage warehouse inventory and maintain records thereof.
- Ensure constant supply of power through ECG /Cummins Generators
- Monitor the state of buildings and equipment to confirm they are presentable and functional.
- Follow-up on the water supply services and effective management of waste, per local and company standards.
- Conduct assessment review of business partners’ performance in the field and maintain records of said performance.
- Supervise work performance with a particular focus on adherence to safety and security standards.
- Support the site services Manager to continuously review operational procedures.
- Coordinate the provision of general household needs as specified in the Standard Operating procedure.
- Submit a monthly headcount per the business partner management standard.
- Support the preparation of budget and forecast for site services cost centers.
- Reconciling invoices received from site facilities management companies and other contractors and take corrective actions for any discrepancy for the appropriate reconciliation.
- Lead events and manage projects in the department, including the Continuous Improvement Project
- Acts as Newmont advocate to ensure zero harm for contractor employees.
Training & Experience
- First Degree or Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical / Civil Engineering, Building Technology or equivalent.
- Knowledge of employee and contract management.
- Knowledge of the supply chain process.
- Knowledge in real estate’s industry.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Facilities or Project Management in a multinational or large organisation.
- Between 1 to 2 years’ experience in contract management in a large organisation and third-party contractor employees’ management.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent presentation, organisational project management skills.
- Advanced planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Technically inclined.
- Customer focused.
- Safety conscious.
- This position is on call for maintenance and emergencies.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.