Newmont is one of the world’s leading gold producers, and an industry leader in safety and sustainability. The Company was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925. Headquartered in Colorado, Newmont has approximately 28,000 employees and contractors, the majority of whom work at operations in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Peru, Indonesia and Ghana.
Job Title: Senior Site HR Manager
- The Senior Site HR Manager provides strategic and tactical HR leadership to the Site Leadership team and other leaders more generally.
- The role also ensures the implementation of leading HR and engagement practices that lead to high levels of employee engagement.
- To manage, align and direct the Human Resources function to support the business goals on site and provide leadership and direction for regional implementation and adoption of processes and programs related to all site-related Human Resources services, including, Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Management, Learning and Development, Performance Management, Industrial Relations and Site Services.
- To support the delivery of policies and programs, constant monitoring and development of site specific HR procedures and practices as well as guidance and interpretation to management and employees on HR policies and procedures. To build a high-performing team through leadership practices (e.g. employee goal setting, delegation, coaching, mentoring, development of others).
- Manage activities of the HR, Learning and Development and Site Services teams, in accordance with the site strategic and operating objectives.
- Advise management and propose employee relations strategies that maximize employee engagement.
- Work with Leaders in order to ensure that we have an improvement in Leadership and Management effectiveness.
- To provide value-added HR services and manage tactical HR issues specific to the operational needs of the business.
- To provide professional advice to Leaders to enhance their people skills and knowledge.
Recruitment, Selection and Termination
- Manage and ensure the operation is fully staffed through effective recruitment practices for grades 104 and below through effective collaboration with the regional recruitment model
- Audit and work with Site Leadership team in order to ensure the achievement of global inclusion and diversity targets
- Manage, educate and advise leaders on all terminations to ensure the governance and alignment in terms of NGGL and legislative requirements
- Develop HR department staff to enable them to support the business in collaboration with the regional office
- Manage the HR team in order to ensure the timely and accurate provision of HR services to all stakeholders
- Manage an effective Site HR service delivery model and team of business partners in support of all operating and exploration locations
- Implement and administer all HR procedures collaboratively with other Regional HR Managers and other HR centers of excellence (COEs – Talent Management, Organizational Effectiveness, HR Technology and Regional Industrial Relations)
- Work closely with operations and site leadership teams to ensure well aligned and effective HR services are delivered
- Liaise with Regional HR personnel to ensure effective implementation of regional and global programs and HR philosophy in the region
- Execute workforce planning and staffing plans with direct responsibility for senior/ junior staff employment and collaborative responsibility for management staff recruitment with regional talent acquisition
- Assist site GM and department managers with manpower planning to include scheduling, appointment of new hires, promotion and transfer of existing employees
- Support Business Partner management to ensure alignment and compliance to HR policies and processes, and Newmont standards and community commitments
- Develop and monitor site HR budget and take necessary corrective actions to ensure HR department activities are within the approved budget. Review forecasts and trends and propose enhancements as required
- Promote and incorporate the concept of Full Potential