Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Field Technology Services Analyst
About This Role:
- Are you able to provide day to day technical support on services relating to operational technology and data systems?
- Are you able to support two-way radio, telemetry, Blast PED system, Cap lamp and fleet management network etc.?
- Are you able to manage relationship with service providers’ field engineers and operation?
- Are you able to support in the configuration, installation and support of network systems including switches, routers, servers, Wi-Fi-devices etc.?
In This Role You Will:
Safety and Regulatory/Policy Compliance
- Adhere to Newmont Regional Occupational Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- Consistently demonstrate and encourage safe work practices.
- Support regulatory and corporate compliance initiatives as they pertain to information and content assets.
- Promote and comply with Newmont goals and values.
- Provide support for infrastructure and fleet management wireless system and remote devices.
- Ensure availability of two-way radio communication service in our operational area.
- Provide level 1 and 2 system support for incidents and provide resolution ,where appropriate escalate to the supervisor.
- Execute change for field technology services and related equipment.
- Track related technology issues, coordinates resolution and assists in driving issues to closure.
- Provide support for two-way radio programming request.
- Configure and activate additional services on two-way radio system, fleet management system, Blast PED, Telemetry and GPS Augmentation.
- Facilitate and if required install and configure on board equipment requests (such as Jigsaw, Pitram, Fatigue, Collision detection etc.)
- Manage operational technology network and computing assets e.g. jigsaw, pitram, access points etc.).
- Work with service providers to provide timely repair and system maintenance.
- Ensure all necessary safety procedures are followed during technology support.
- Ensure equipment inventory and design documentation is always updated.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or the equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 -5 years’ experience in technical roles including Technology Management.
- Customer relationship experience.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advance computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Advance information monitoring and management skills.
- Ability to support in the configuration, installation and support of network systems including switches, routers, servers, Wi-Fi-devices etc
- Advance planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Assessment skills.
- Incident management skills.
- Results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Attention to detail.
- Position is located at the Akyem mine.
- Position may require travel.
- Position requires extended and unpredictable hours of work.