Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: HR Talent Acquisition Representative
About The Role:
- Do you have experience in recruitment and selection processes?
- In this fixed-term role you will:
- Assist with Talent Acquisition activities to attract and acquire top talent globally.
- Conduct end-to-end talent acquisition activities for the region.
In This Role You Will:
- Support the recruitment of Junior and Senior staff roles.
- Partner with Hiring Managers to understand role requirements and expectations.
- Post job advertisements on job boards.
- Source for candidates, review submitted curriculum vitae (CV), pre-screen and provide shortlist to Hiring Managers.
- Schedule interviews, confirm panelists and participate in interview sessions.
- Ensure the hiring of diverse candidates to support the regions diversity and inclusion actions and targets.
- Develop employment offers to selected candidates.
- Initiate pre-employment checks.
- Ensure recruitment timelines and actions are adhered to referencing the Recruitment Service Level Agreement.
- Adhere to recruitment and selection guidelines in alignment with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Support Human Resources (HR) general programs and activities as assigned to progress the broader HR strategy.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Psychology, or related field.
- The recruitment and selection process.
- Knowledge of various assessment tools used in the company context.
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Human Resources.
- Experience with and exposure to Talent Acquisition activities is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate experience and ability to meet recruiting targets.
- Demonstrate track record of successfully filling technical profiles; recruitment experience in the mining (or related) industry beneficial.
- Previous experience managing the recruiting process using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Interviewing, facilitation and decision-making skills.
- Administrative skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Familiar with SAP SucessFactors Recruiting module.
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Reporting skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Customer focused.
- Attention to Detail.
- Team Player.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described, are a representation of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.