Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry-leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Contracts Officer
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- To contract on behalf of Newmont, primarily for mid-range spend and / or medium level risk. To collaborate effectively with all stakeholders in mining, process and support services in order to deliver best outcome of value to their budget, and to verify continuity of supply to all Newmont Africa operations.
- To facilitate the supply chain deliverables on Supplier Risk Management and Lifecycle procurement and contract Management process. To seek and leverage local, regional and global Newmont procurement opportunities to deliver value for the region.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Contracting Process Management
- Provide information and reports on sensitive contracting activities and progress on projects, including deviations from original contract.
- Collaborate with the Senior Site Supply Chain Manager and Sourcing and Procurement Manager to verify that all contracts meet Newmont, local, state and national laws, rules and regulations.
- Generate Requests for Pricing (RFP’s) which can be converted to Outline agreements contracts.
- Execute Outline Agreements in a timely manner, which efficiently minimizes future labour and price for administering inventories.
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate purchasing vision and build strong working relationships with internal stakeholders/customers and external business partners.
- Be Responsible for operational engagement with End-users in order to verify the continuity of supplier and effective management of the budget.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
- Understand End-users budget and proactively plan to deliver value.
Training & Experience
- A Degree or Higher National Diploma in Building Technology, Civil Engineering, Accounting or similar related area is required.
- Working knowledge of contracting practices and documentation.
- Strong knowledge of lifecycle procurement and contract management.
- Strong knowledge of the Supplier Risk Management process.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of contract experience.
- Administration experience in the mining and / or construction industry and / or in contracts.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Visio.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Assessment and auditing skills.
- Business analysis skills.
- Change management.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for precise or detailed work is extreme.
- The incumbent is exposed to extreme mental pressure and stress.