Posted on :
27 Nov, 2020
27 Nov, 2020
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Field Technician (Land Access)
About This Role:
Supports the Land Services Officer with field assessment for impacted properties (crops and structures) for permanent and Exploration Land acquisitions.
In This Role You Will:
Land Access Survey Assistance and Data Gathering;
• Participate and assist in all Land Access Project Surveys- Rapid Asset Survey (RAS), Full Built Asset Survey (FBAS), Crop Survey and Land Owner Survey.
• Assist third party consultants to carry out Crop and Land Surveys and Structure surveys to obtain baseline data for compensation and resettlement processing for all land takes at the Newmont Ahafo North Project.
• Undertake crop enumeration with impacted farmers, Officials of land valuation Division, for crop compensation processing.
• Assist in the collection and gathering of all data (i.e. Crop Data and Land Values) for land access and resettlement activities and negotiation purposes.
• Collect market data for crop and structure compensation.
• Assist in data gathering on prospective resettlement beneficiaries and dossiers preparation for NGGL records.
• Assist in the archiving and retrieval of Land Access related Documents (Soft & Hard Copies) for grievance resolution.
Land Access and Resettlement Support;
• Assist in the tracking of all Land Access related projects assets (i.e. challenges, lessons learnt, opportunities) for future land takes.
• Undertake Structure Verification for all impacted structures for structure compensation processing to start.
• Support information dissemination, monitoring and eviction of encroachers on Newmont mining area.
• Support the clearing of mining area and resettlement boundaries and placing of signages and other notices at vantage points that informs people to keep off Newmont’s property.
• Engage and interact with the community on Land Access processes and Land Access related issues after the Mining Area and/or Moratorium Declaration.
• Engage with complainants concerning Land Access related issues.
Health and Safety;
• Verify that all Land Access related contractors are furnished with the requisite items (i.e. PPE, JHA, Safety Timeout, Safety Too Box, monthly safety meetings) to secure their safety on the field.
Your Training, Skills and Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations);
• Senior Secondary Certificate.
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role (ATS).
• Good interpersonal skills (interacting with diverse functional and cultural backgrounds).
• Strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Strong planning, prioritizing and coordination skills.
• Sound problem-solving skills.
• Sound consultation skills.
• Sound relationship management skills.
• Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Cultural Sensitivity.
• Deadline driven.
• Directive and takes initiative.
• Follow Through.
• Honesty and Integrity.
• Goal orientated.
• High quality orientation.
• High level of transparency.
• Reliable and independent.
• Team Player.