We are in search of a professional who will efficiently provide strategic analytical insight to the implementation, continuous improvement and execution of Newmont’s regional procurement strategies, policies and guidelines to drive shared goals and objectives across the Africa operations. To and actively support full potential / Total Cost of Ownership and Asset Management efforts where applicable and execute all sourcing and procurement requirements as part of the category management team.
Job Title: Strategic Analyst – Sourcing and Procurement
Main responsibility areas will include;
- Category Management.
- Sourcing and Procurement Execution.
- Staff Supervision.
- Quarterly and Annual Business Planning Support.
- Facilitate the supply chain deliverables on Supplier Risk Management and Lifecycle. Procurement and Contract Management (LPCM) process.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead on procurement of key categories.
- Provide procurement expertise support for the regional office.
- Facilitate the supply chain deliverables on Supplier Risk Management, Lifecycle Procurement and Contract Management (LPCM) process.
- Research and provide market intelligence to aid procurement strategies.
- Seek and leverage local, regional and global Newmont procurement opportunities to deliver value for the region.
YOUR TRAINING, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE CHECKLIST:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Accounting or related field or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of P2P transactional processes.
- ERP/EAP System knowledge.
- Mining business acumen.
- Life Cycle Procurement and Contract Management Practitioner.
- Supply Risk Management process.
- Between five (5) to seven (7) years’ of directly related procurement experience or equivalent, a combination of training and experience is necessary.
- Between two (2) to three (3) years’ of supervision experience leading teams and having direct reports.
- Mining Experience preferred.
- Proficient computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Data Management and Analytical and problem-solving.
- Service Level management-inventory management.
- Personal Attributes:Assertive, Safety Conscious, Customer focused, Trustworthy, Results -driven, Independent, and exhibits a Continuous Improvement mindset.
- Regular travel to our Akyem and Ahafo mine sites will be required.
- The incumbent is exposed to an environment where the need for detailed or precise work is extreme.