Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Senior End User Support Analyst
About This Role:
- Are you able to lead and provide reliable technology support for users at Newmont regional or site operations. This includes support of technology applications and infrastructure available via the desktop, on a mobile device or elsewhere at the site and includes supporting outsourced technology services and technology vendors?
In This Role You Will:
Site Technology Support Team Management
- Manage user request and provision approved service in a timely manner.
- Plan and manage technology inventory and asset.
- Manage a queue of work via electronic ticketing system, performing tasks in support of daily technology operations, aligned with response time, quality and customer satisfaction performance measures.
- Perform technology defect diagnosis on hardware, network and software systems, on mobile or fixed devices, provides input to the resolution and documents solutions for future reference.
- Contribute to the smooth running of technology facilities at site, including but not limited to, printers, scanners, audio visual equipment, on site video systems, electronic displays and meeting room equipment.
- Work with other technology teams as directed, such as regional/ global Network/Infrastructure teams to ensure the regional voice & data network, server, storage and end-user environments at site are effectively maintained and supported (this is key for remote mining site locations).
- Communicate effectively with customers, stakeholders and service providers to deliver on technology requirements.
- Support vendors to maintain site stability.
- Provide appropriate identification, tracking, escalation, and communication for regional or site issues they are responsible for in service delivery.
- Support troubleshooting in areas of server, storage, server room/data center support, networking and telephony support after business hours.
- Contribute to the record keeping of site technology related assets.
Safety and Compliance
- Comply with Newmont security and technology standards in delivery of service.
- Support site personnel to document and understand operating procedures when new initiatives and projects are introduced on site.
- Participate in safety meetings, staff meetings and safety inspections.
- Become familiar with and adheres to Newmont Health, Safety Security and Environment Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Participate in completion and resolution of all technology compliance and general control related activities for the team.
- Consistently demonstrates safe work practices.
- Participate in audit finding actions for the support team on site.
- Comply with Newmont goals and values.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Requires a Technology related certification or working towards a certification a plus.
- Minimum of 5 or more years’ experience in services or technical support role with a mining company.
- Technology related certification or working towards a certification a plus.
- Must demonstrate a strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Wide and detailed knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes.
- Broad understanding of diverse technology toolset and use of problem resolution forums.
- Strong mix of business, functional, and technical skills.
- Results driven.
- Customer focused.
- Takes initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Position is located at the Ahafo North mine.
- Office and field/mine site work as required including working in open pit and/or underground operations.
- Position may require travel to other domestic and international sites.
- Position requires driving license.
- Flexible hours as required to accommodate site technology requirements or project requirements.