Job Opportunity: Senior Advisor (Business Development/ Resource Mobilizations Officer)
SNV is a Dutch Based International Development Organisation that provides Capacity Development Services to local institutions and organizations in more than 30 developing countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
Present in Ghana since 1992, SNV is committed to the reduction of poverty, and works to achieve this in line with national poverty reduction strategies.
Our strategic choices are Agriculture, Renewable energy and Water and sanitation (WASH).
SNV’s Regional Office for West and Central Africa (SNV WCA Office) is located in Ouagadougou.
Partnership & Resources Mobilization has become SNV’s main priority, this is to build up its financial capacities and diversify its funding sources. In this light SNV aims to strengthen its partnerships and mobilize resources at national, regional & international level.
SNV Ghana Office is seeking to employ a Senior Advisor (advisor level III) with a strong professional background mainly in the area of Business Development to champion her Resource Mobilization Drive in Ghana and beyond. This advisor will be based in SNV Ghana Country Office.
The position reports to the Country Director
- S/he cultivates strong connections with priority funders and private sector donors and keeps colleagues informed of new funding opportunities, funding instruments, formation of consortiums, and the strategic objectives of donor missions in country and ensures alignment of internal programming and readiness activities with them.
- Builds and cultivates a network of potential funders and partners via regular visits to donor and potential client offices
- Writes concept notes and expressions of interest
- Completes opportunity assessment forms, and in general, feeds into go/no discussions
- Follows up submissions of proposals by liaising with donors, as permitted, and ensures that donor questions and concerns are fully addressed on time
- Updates and maintains country-specific project references and capability statements
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with counterparts in other SNV counties and participates as a team member in the development of proposals in other countries, upon request or when the opportunity arises
- Trains colleagues in business development fundamentals (topics may include- the marketplace, proposal process, writing towards an opportunity)
- Coordinates the entire proposal life cycle with duties ranging from drafting a proposal outline to tailoring opportunity-specific project references
Required Skills or Experience
This position requires knowledge and experience in international donor assistance, effective networking with potential partners and clients and hands-on experience with the business development process. This includes:
- Five to ten years of professional Business Development or foundation fundraising experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of international donor environment including multilateral and European aid organizations, development banks, foundations, businesses, socially responsible investors, and major, medium and small donors
- Strong communication skills
- Master’s Degree in related field, or appropriate combination of Bachelor’s Degree and relevant professional experience
- Solid understanding of donor project design and development process and the factors important to evaluation committee decision making
- End-to-end experience leading and developing proposals, including a clear understanding of how to strategically read an opportunity, key roles and responsibilities on a proposal development team, and proven capacity to deliver high quality, winning proposals
- Solid interpersonal, networking and cross-cultural skills with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex pursuits
How To Apply
Written expression of interest must be delivered to:
The Human Resource Advisor
P O BOX KIA 30284
Airport Residential Area
Or drop it at our office at:
6 Mankata close
Airport residential area
(behind National Service Secretariat)
Email: [email protected]
Also visit our website:
Closing date: 2nd March, 2012