Posted on :
9 Sep, 2022
9 Sep, 2022
The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Biomedical Engineer.
Job Title: Biomedical Engineer
• The job role requires operational support for the achievement of the objectives of the Institute.
• We are looking for an innovative biomedical engineer with the skills to develop pioneering biomedical technology to support the work of the Institute.
• You will work closely with professionals such as life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists to research the engineering aspects of biological systems.
• Your expertise in both engineering and biology will enable you to develop technological solutions to complex medical problems.
• You must be able to develop advanced healthcare technology and be able to advise others on how to use the technology effectively as well as support the mechanical and electrical engineers to service and maintain the essential equipment that are used routinely at the Institute.
• Additionally, you should have a firm understanding of math and science, a deep social, economic, and cultural awareness, and an enthusiastic fondness for teamwork.
• Ideal candidates must display an ability to comprehend complex systems, identify the sources of any problems that arise, and decide on which actions to take to fix them.
• Installing and calibrating biomedical machines, equipment, and related software.
• Designing and creating biomedical technology such as artificial internal organs and body parts, machines, equipment, and software that can be used for diagnosing and treating medical problems.
• Evaluating the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical machines, equipment, and software.
• Maintaining and repairing biomedical machines and equipment, when needed.
• Providing technical support, when needed.
• Keeping up-to-date service histories on all biomedical machines and equipment.
• Training clinicians, scientists, and other personnel on how to use biomedical machines and equipment, safely and effectively.
• Researching new materials, technologies, and engineering aspects of biological processes and systems.
• Writing reports and documents detailing protocols, policies, standards of use, maintenance, and repairs of biomedical equipment, machines, and software.
• Disseminating knowledge about the biomedical engineering field through writing, teaching, or consulting.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in biomedical engineering, biomedical science, or a related field.
• Professional Licensed Engineer (P.E.) issued by the appropriate authorities.
• Proven experience working within the field of biomedical engineering in related organizations.
• Have a minimum of two years work experience.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Great eye for design and the technical ability to transform designs into products.
• Exceptional team-working and communication skills.
• Ability to build effective team by training team members to deliver appropriately and on time.
• Able to work under pressure and flexible working hours.
Terms of Appointment
The appointments shall normally be for six years including a probationary period. The appointment shall be reviewed before the end of the sixth year and may be renewed.
How To Apply For The Job
An applicant is required to submit the complete application dossier to the
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG 25,
Legon, Accra, Ghana (Hardcopy)
or [email protected] (Soft Copy).
The application pack should contain the following: · Completed application form for Senior Administrative and Professional Staff Application: (UAB Form 1B) to be downloaded from the University’s website www.ug.edu.gh/hrodd
• a cover letter expressing interest,
• a detailed curriculum vitae
• copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 14 September, 2022
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their full application packs are received by this date, including three letters of reference that should be clearly marked and sent directly to the Registrar, through [email protected]