Posted on :
10 Sep, 2013
10 Sep, 2013
Residency Requirement: Applicant must live within 25 mile radius of the School.
Start Date: September 2013
Subjects: Varies with position
Monthly Salary: Attractive but Negotiable Based on Qualifications and Experience
Position Type: Full Time
Educational Qualification: University Graduate and or Licensed Teacher
Work Experience: Min. of 3 year of experience teaching High School and Pre-Tertiary courses.
Position Reports to: Director of Academic Programs
North American Educational Center is a distinguished educational services corporation committed to providing the absolute best teaching and learning environment where high quality programmes are offered to students enrolled in our secondary, diploma and professional certification programmes.
Vision: The vision of NAEC is to be an internationally renowned and respected institution committed to delivering quality academic programs and aspiring to be a leading provider of technologically innovative, market-oriented academic and training programs for the workforce of the 21st century.
Mission: NAEC is committed to offering high quality and affordable Academic and Professional programmes in the most intellectually conducive learning environment, supported by highly qualified and experienced instructors who are devoted to assuring the success of our students.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants are expected to be suitably qualified instructors who are dedicated, goal-oriented, results-driven, with demonstrated instructional skills and have great leadership qualities, to teach Professional, Diploma and Senior High School Programs.
Primarily, the position assumes professional responsibility for teaching courses assigned by the Director of Academic Programs to Senior High School Students of Preston Academy and Diploma Students of North American Center for Professional Studies. The incumbent will provide a supportive and positive climate that develops in each student the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to meet and exceed the standards and approved curricular of the Ghana Education Service, the West African Examinations Council and the required standards of performance at NAEC. Achieving academic excellence may require that the applicant work collaboratively with other instructors, staff and parents to promote the well-being of students.
Successful candidates for this opportunity must possess a relevant degree for the position desired, and at least 3 years of teaching experience at the high school level. Experience teaching pre-tertiary and professional courses is essential as is the applicant’s dedication, flexibility and ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Preference will be given to instructors who have served as WAEC examiners and markers of examination scripts.
Instructors are needed to teach in the following Programs:
1. SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (Business, General Arts, Elective Science and Home Economics)
2. ABCE/DBS (Business, Information Technology)
3. PROFESSIONAL COURSES (ICA – Gh.; ACCA; CIB – Gh.)
*NB* PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INSTRUCTORS WHO CAN TEACH AS MANY OF THE COURSES, ACROSS DISCIPLINES, AS POSSIBLE.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL FULL-TIME PERSONNEL: All Full-Time Faculty are required to report to work by 8.30 AM and must be available to teach classes in the mornings, afternoons or evenings depending on assigned classes. Additional requirements for all Full-Time positions include but are not limited to:
1. Willingness, without any reservation, to work late on weekdays and on some weekends when required by Senior Administration.
2. Willingness, without any reservation, to periodically run errands for the Center.
3. Willingness, without any reservation, to serve as Academic Advisor/Mentor to students assigned by Director of Academic Programs.
4. Willingness, without any reservation, to take on additional teaching and or administrative duties when required by Senior Administration.
5. Willingness, without any reservation, to participate in outreach programs to recruit students, when required by the Director of Academic Programs, the EDCO or the EVP.
NOTE: In addition to the requirements and qualifications listed, please Do Not Apply for the positions listed above if you do not have the following basic qualifications:
1. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of working with students and an excellent experience in the assigned courses.
2. Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative
3. Great track record of effective instructional strategies, classroom management and learning assessment.
4. Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and colleagues.
5. Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
7. Proficient in the use of Blackboard Coursesites (A Course Management System used as a tool to supplement teaching in the classroom) or willing to receive training in the use of Coursesites and willing to abide by NAEC requirements to use Coursesites as a tool to supplement classroom teaching.
How To Apply For The Job
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS:
As much as we appreciate your desire to work for North American Educational Center, the educational standards we wish to maintain require that we hire only the most qualified candidates. For this reason, we will contact ONLY those who meet the standards specified above and urge you to refrain from applying for any of these positions unless you meet each and every one of the qualifications and job requirements. Otherwise you will simply be wasting your time.
If you are interested and are qualified for any of the positions listed above, please do the following to apply for the position:
1. Submit a CV/Resume and a Cover Letter specifically indicating All the courses you are qualified and capable to teach.
2. The application package must be sent to the following email address:
Closing Date: 15 September, 2013
3. North American Educational Center will start reviewing applications on Monday, September 16, 2013. We will, however, continue to accept applications through Monday, September 30, 2013.
Please note that the earlier you get your application in, the better the chances for securing an interview and getting hired.
4. NO PHONE CALLS OR UNANNOUNCED VISITS, PLEASE