Posted on :
11 Oct, 2019
11 Oct, 2019
The Northern Development Authority (NDA) was established under the Northern Development Authority Act 2017 (Act 963) to provide a framework for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern Zone. The NDA also serves as an agency for the implementation of the Infrastructure for Poverty Eradication Programme (IPEP).
The objects of NDA are to accelerate economic and social development in the NDA zone through strategic direction in the planning & prioritization of development projects; mobilize public resources including financial resources and private-public investments for the accelerated economic and social development of the Northern zone; coordinate development activities in the Northern Zone with the aim of ensuring that i. public resources are effectively utilized, and ii. private sector investments achieve maximum development impacts to reduce poverty and deprivation iii. formulate and implement initiatives towards achieving gender equality and empowerment of vulnerable groups in the Northern Zone;
To fulfil its mandate, the Northern Development Authority (NDA) seeks to hire qualified Ghanaians who are highly motivated, dynamic, results-oriented with good leadership qualities and strong work ethics to fill the following positions at the regional levels.
Job Title: PRINCIPAL OFFICER (Zonal Coordinator)
Title: PRINCIPAL OFFICER (Zonal Coordinator)
To provide leadership, technical and operational support for the effective and efficient performance of the functions of the Regional Office.
• Coordinates the development of integrated regional work plans and budgets for the 3 core areas of NDA’s operations – economic development, social development, planning/monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilization;
• Monitors staff performance in the implementation of the work plans;
• Coordinates/facilitates the design and implementation of NDA’s programmes in the region;
• Leads in the monitoring of NDA/central government projects and programmes in region;
• Engages stakeholder in the promotion of development in the region;
• Coordinates the preparation of regional project/programme monitoring reports.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: planning, economics, sociology or any other related field;
• A minimum of six (6) years post-bachelor’s relevant work experience, two (2) years of which must be in a Senior Management position in a reputable institution;
• Membership with a relevant professional body is an advantage.
• Strong Leadership, management communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
• Strong quantitative, qualitative and analytical skills;
• Good knowledge of Ghana’s decentralized administration system and planning; and understanding of Public Administration System;
• Conflict management skills and Result oriented;
• Budgeting and budget management;
• Strong negotiation, diplomacy, lobbying and resource mobilization;
• Capacity to inspire and motivate; Good team player and initiator;
• Good Knowledge in community development paradigms and dynamics;
• Relevant knowledge in ICT applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
• High integrity with strong ethics.
Location: Northern Ghana
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit the following documents to the address below not later than one week after the publication of this notice. • Detailed Curriculum Vitae, stating current and latest posts (WITH DATES) as well as summary of key job responsibilities; • Application letter (stating the position applied for) to the address below; • Certified photocopies of relevant certificates of highest academic qualifications, as well as national service certificate (if applicable); • Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related); • Personal contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The Head, Human Resource, Northern Development Authority, P.O. Box TL 883, Lamashegu Industrial Area, Tamale Northern Region. Interested applicants can submit applications at our front-desks (Headoffice in Tamale, industrialORat our liaison office in Accra, Cantonments near the American Embassy). Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 30 October, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified Ghanaian nationals, especially female candidates are encouraged to apply. NDA is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the economic, social development and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect these.