This role is about providing operational technical expertise in communicating important changes to everyone in the Shared Service (SS), Supply Chain Management (SCM), ProVision (PV) & their clients. This will include – equipping them with crucial, up-to-date information and advice in change initiatives. It will ensure peer officers, change lead advisor, global process directors, customers and staff are kept in the loop, and fully understand how new developments/initiatives affect their ways of working.
Job Title: Global Change Management and Communications Officer
This role supports all the internal/external communications, related to the core business and support areas within SS, SC, and PV. This role must ensure that all information, global communications, campaigns, and projects roll out on time. This person will create and execute communications, engagement and coordinate certain events upon request. (e.g. town halls).
The post holder is expected to be able to use a variety of communication channels, and always choose the most effective ones for the task in hand. He/She will take pride in being on the pulse of emerging communication disciplines, and relish learning new skills.
Proactive and conscientious, the position holder would be quick to spot opportunities to develop platforms and content. Not only that, but it would be expected to swiftly identify potential issues or risks, and find innovative solutions.
You will collaborate with process leads and project teams in providing change management and communications technical expertise on operational SS, SC, and PV projects globally. The post holder must be able to explain complex issues in a clear, engaging way and collaborate closely with all stakeholders.
The Change Management and Communications CMC) Officer will keep close cooperation with the SS/SC/PV Customer Service area, which will support in all its efforts and training when needed and or requested.
- Supports the SS, SC, and PV areas with timely, complete, accurate, and detailed communications through different channels and techniques to keep internal and external stakeholders informed to minimize organizational, service, and
- compliance risks.
- Implements measurement and monitoring approaches to ensure appropriate management information on communication risks related to service transformation & delivery.
- Supports impacted processes within the SS, SC, and PV areas, complying with the need of the users for change management.
- Measures effectiveness of operational change management and communications plans, make recommendations and adjustments where necessary.
- Advocacy of customer service at the areas of SS, SC, and PV.
- Generates and maintains advocacy at mid manager level of the respective teams and stakeholder buy-in for the implementation and sustenance of all SS, SCM & PV projects.
- Develops clear operational communication plans for transformation projects and work with various SS, SCM & PV project teams to ensure they are delivered effectively.
- Support impacted teams with information and detailed frameworks, to ensure they can conduct the necessary activities to minimize organizational risks.
- Helps build tools and processes for the leaders.
- Manages and promote realistic expectations of the organization with regard to new systems, tools and processes, e.g. capabilities, features, upgrades, etc.
- Drives specific change tasks and deliverables, and facilitate organizational change events when required (i.e. refresher workshops. seminars, town hall).
- Training, Projects, and AD-hoc Duties.
- Manages and facilitates the delivery of change management and communications training and subsequent follow-up activities, including effectiveness assessment.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Advertisement, Graphic/Web Design, Customer Relationship Management, Copy Writing or related field or its equivalent. Or relevant experience in
- lieu of a formal degree or proven adoption of new skills.
- Up to 5 years of experience.
- Change management or communications support, ideally in a NGO environment.
- Experience supporting the development and delivery of comprehensive, actionable change management and engagement plans/activities for change, including impact assessments, stakeholder analysis, engagement strategies, change agent
- networks, communication plans and change adoption measurement activities.
- Experience in large and complex organizational, working with cross-functional team comprised of members with diverse skill sets
- Knowledge of change management methodologies.
- Rich media experience. Good knowledge and understanding of change management and communications tools and best practices.
- Website administration/maintenance experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skill in English and Spanish. Other languages a plus.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience working as part of virtual teams.
- High level of English language proficiency (advanced level).
- WV Change Management Approach certification or equivalent.
- Green Belt certification a plus.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Spanish (intermediate to advance). At least writing and reading proficiency.
- Other languages a plus (e.g., French. Portuguese).
- Ability in creating and implementing change management programs to drive faster adoption, higher utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact our teams.
- Knowledgeable in a variety of change management resources and methodology, including presentations, implementation tools and communications.
- Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization, risk management, communication and people-orientation skills.
- Focus on excellence of the tools and solutions to increase the operational efficiency of the change management process.
- Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong communicator that is able to level up and down on topics with ease.
- Comfortable presenting to different audiences.
- Flexible, collaborative approach to problem solving, in which creative and quick thinking can lead to swift response.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive products and competing priorities simultaneously with minimum guidance and high attention to detail.
- Well versed in both online and offline environments.
- Promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated experience change management and communications support, problem solving, customer-centric service, and continuous improvement.
- Support organizational change ensuring the appropriate levels of change are in place.
- Effectively demonstrates use of emotional intelligence in interactions with SS/SC/PV team and internal/external customers and stakeholders.
- Develop a partnering/collaborative model with internal customers with the ability to work with flexibility to achieve the outcomes of SS/SC/PV. (National Office, Regional Office and Global leadership).
- Work in virtual and non-virtual environments.
- Project management
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.