Novartis is a global healthcare company based in Switzerland that provides solutions to address the evolving needs of patients worldwide.
At Novartis, we use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Job Title: Medical Representative
- Responsible for maximizing sales of designated company products in the assigned territory. This will be achieved through full coverage of target customers.
- Deliver persuasive sales presentations in order to change prescribing habits in line with appropriate use of products. Consistent with customer expectations of quality of service and personal interactions.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of products, company developments, customers, and competitors. This will also include a full and complete knowledge of the product information and relevant clinical papers, and clinical developments within the therapeutic area.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all territory reports, maintenance of territory records, handling of enquiries and complaints quickly and professionally and in accordance with company procedures.
- Contribute positively to the Sales and Marketing team through co-operative relationships and collaborative efforts to achieve team and company objectives. This will include input into effective use of promotional funds and territory sales forecasting.
- Ensure the prompt reporting of adverse events to the CS&E department in accordance with company procedures.
- Have knowledge and comply with the SAPI code of conduct and hospital protocol regarding ethical promotion and representative activity.
- Demonstrate Key Account Management skills
- Demonstrate behaviours in accordance with Novartis Core values.
Educational Qualification – 1st Degree qualifications in Pharmacy
Language – English Other local languages
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the pharmaceutical or allied industry
- Proven, successful sales track record preferably in business to business environment
- Knowledge of Pharma industry and its changing environment
- Professional accomplishments that reflect achievement orientation, self-motivation, initiative, independence, and strong customer service orientation