UNOPS Ghana Operational Hub (GHOH), located in Accra, spans across West Africa, covering Ghana, Gambia, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. GHOH is responsible for managing strategic and operational risks associated with a subset of the regional portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievements of UNOPS management results.
Job Title: Programme Administrative Associate
The core functions of the Operational Hub are to
- Liaise and develop engagements, and deliver services responding to partner needs.
- Leverage advice and integrate delivery modalities of the three Delivery Practices and the Global Partner Service Office.
- Maintain appropriate arrangements and capacity for direct transactional support for delivery of the sub-regional portfolio.
Background Information – Job-specific
The Programme Management Office (PMO) provides a decision-enabling and delivery-support structure for the Organizational Hub. The PMO supports the Head of Programme and/or the OH Director in defining a balanced country-wide programme ensuring consistent delivery of programme(s) and projects.
The PMO guides the projects (and PMs) within the Operational Hub in following best practice in order to capitalize on the excellence model UNOPS has adopted to ensure that the entire country team is knowledgeable and works collectively towards the organization’s strategic goals. To this end, the three core functional areas of the PMO are
- Strategic Planning/Portfolio Support (doing the right projects)
- Delivery support (doing projects the right way)
- Best Practices (doing projects consistently and well)
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Programme, the Programme Admin Associate will contribute to the overall mandate of the PMO. To this end, the Programme Admin Associate will be responsible for three (3) main areas
Summary of Key Functions
- Knowledge Management of PMO tools
- Processing of information and Maintaining Consistent Data
Knowledge Management of PMO tools and plans
- Act as the custodian for key PMO related documents in line with UNOPS Knowledge Management and Retention policies;
- Actively contribute to the implementation of the PMO’s Annual Workplan;
- Implement the communication strategy in support of the PMO’s Annual Workplan;
- Supports the monitoring and maintenance of the PMO’s change projects and Annual Workplan;
- Contribute to and maintains the PMOs planning processes using corporate tools;
- Supports the Head of Programme in implementing internal governance arrangements including maintaining a record of and monitoring past decisions;
- Responsible for maintaining the Electronic Blue File for all internal change projects implemented by the PMO and Business as Usual activities. Maintain the originals of signed agreements on behalf of GHOH as required by Organizational Directive (OD) 12;
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the content on the GHOH intranet site;
- Contributes actively to the implementation and documentation of processes in support of the PMO’s operations while ensuring the application of templates and guidelines;
- Supports the implementation of PMO responsibilities as defined in the GHOH-wide RACIS matrix;
Processing information and maintaining consistent data
- Management and maintenance of the PMO’s various dashboards and instruments including portfolio overviews, the hub-wide RACIS matrix, monitoring progress against plans, resources utilisation rates etc.;
- Manage information flows and contribute to maintaining change controls, risk registers and issue management by implementing adopted document control procedures;
- Support the PMO to monitor portfolio performance against agreed plans;
- Promotes good practices in Knowledge Management and Document Retention practices within the team;
- Conducts regular data quality analysis for the portfolio and alerts the Head of Programme and other PMO team members any deviations if required;
- Monitors and reports on the implementation of corrective actions addressing data quality issues;
- Support the coordination and management of communications within the Hub as well as upstream to the Regional Office and HQ;
- Assist in compiling various reports and data inputs requested by HQ and the Regional Office as required;
- Any other duties as assigned
UNOPS Core Values/Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Client orientation
- Results orientation
- Respect for diversity
- Planning and organization skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Srong oral and written communications skills
- Teamwork skills
- Technological awareness
Accountability and Results
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Collaborates effectively and shows conflict resolution skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks in the context of a rapidly evolving operational environment;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multidisciplinary team in a fast paced environment;
- Takes ownership for all responsibilities and honours commitments
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Builds strong relationships with colleagues;
- Ability to liaise with diverse sets of stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and adapt to changing demands and priorities;
- Ability to interpret institutional policies/procedures and propose innovative and practical solutions based on good practices and field needs;
- Shows initiative and ability to learn
- Ability to juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of coordination and stakeholder liaison issues;
- Understands the role of technology and business processes and possesses strong computer skills, including database and information management;
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to practice areas;
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture;
- Seeks knowledge of UNOPS internal policies, procedures and operational tools particularly those related to knowledge management and reporting;
- Good knowledge of the UN system is an advantage.
- Secondary School certification with 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Applicants with Diploma Certificate in international relations, journalism, political science, communications studies or related with 4 years of relevant will be considered.
- Applicants with Bachelor’s Degree in international relations, journalism, political science, communications studies or related discipline with 2 years relevant experience will be considered.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree in international relations, journalism, political science, communications studies or related discipline with no working experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in programme administration and support is required;
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and/or principles is an advantage;
- Familiarity with external relations and/or strategic communications roles is an advantage;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles is an advantage ;
- Experience with Information Technologies and/or ERP applications is an advantage.