The Local Government Service is a public Service institution established by the Local Government Service Act, 2003 (Act 656) which has been repealed and replaced with the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936). The Service exists ‘’to secure effective administration and management of the decentralized local government system in the country’’.
Job Title: Production Officer
- To collect data on production systems, food and input prices in an operational area.
- The Production Officer shall report to the Head, Department of Agriculture.
- Assists in the formation of Farmer Based Organizations (FBOs)
- Identifies problems affecting agricultural value chains and offers advice
- Arranges field days and keeps agricultural records for research purposes
- Supervises work of field extension staff
- Writes monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the DDAs
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned.
Remuneration: The Salary level attached to this position is SSSP level 14L
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in General Agriculture from a recognized University or Agricultural College
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete the Public Service Commission form 2 (PSC 2) and attach their Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates and National Service Certificate where applicable.
- The Envelope should be marked with the relevant reference number of the advert.
- The completed application shall be submitted to the Office of the Head of the Local Government Service or to the postal address below:
The Head of Service Office of the Head of the Local Government Service P. O. Box MB396 Ministries, Accra The deadline for submission of application is Friday,10th August 2018 at 5pm local time