The Local Government Service is a public Service institution established by the Local Government Service Act, 2003 (Act 656) which has been repealed and replaced with the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936). The Service exists ‘’to secure effective administration and management of the decentralized local government system in the country’’.
Job Title: Assistant Agricultural Officer
(AAO) REF: OGHLS/PO/002
To assist in the effective delivery of agricultural services in the RCCs and MDDAs
The AAO shall report to the Head, Department of Agriculture.
- Assists in the implementation of agricultural programmes and policies.
- Collaborates with researchers; field officers and farmers to implement on-farm adaptive trials on new improved technologies.
- Writes and submits field reports to the DDAs and RDAs.
- Supervises field activities and monitors attitudes and work performance of field officers.
- Undertakes field demonstrations in partnership with the field officers to explain new technologies and practices to farmers.
- Undertakes any other tasks that may be assigned
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture/Extension from recognized University or Agricultural College.
How to Apply
- Applicants must complete the Public Service Commission form 2 (PSC 2) and attach their Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates and National Service Certificate where applicable.
- The Envelope should be marked with the relevant reference number of the advert.
- The completed application shall be submitted to the Office of the Head of the Local Government Service or to the postal address below:
The Head of Service Office of the Head of the Local Government Service P. O. Box MB396 Ministries, Accra The deadline for submission of application is Friday,10th August 2018 at 5pm local time