Posted on :
4 Feb, 2014
4 Feb, 2014
OIC International (OICI) is a non-profit organisation headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. O1C International’s mission is to build self-reliance and entrepreneurship through sustainable technical and vocational skills development. Since 1970, QIC International has been implementing programs that invigorate local economies, both urban and rural, by developing its workforce. QIC International’s programs are comprehensive in nature, and aim to give individuals the knowledge and tools they need to build sustainable futures for themselves, their families and their communities.
Job Title: Regional Finance Officer
The Regional Finance Officer works with the members of the Finance team to ensure compliance with OICI’s policies and procedures, with generally accepted accounting principles, donors’ financial reporting and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure that field offices are keeping in line with accounting standards and practices, and the organizations policies and procedures, in addition to meeting all local compliance and regulations.
• Review field office finance reports (in QuickBooks), bank reconciliations, asset & liability account balances, and other financial data prepared by country offices on a monthly basis.
• Investigate accounting-related issues/problems, respond to questions, and work with field office staff to make approved corrections to accounting data as needed.
• Review general ledger account reconciliations.
• Facilitate trainings and orientations for new field office accounting staff.
• Travel to field offices as necessary for training and/or financial review.
• Obtain required supporting documentation and assists in preparation of other schedules as needed in conjunction with OICI’s annual financial audit,
• Assist in operations support of project start up and close out.
• Document strengths and weaknesses in internal controls and procedures.
• Prepare management reports to communicate results of financial reviews.
• Participate on special projects on an as-needed basis.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
A professional Accounting qualification such as a Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is highly preferred.
• At least a Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• At least five – eight (5 -8) years experiences in an accounting environment, preferably with an international not for profit Experience/exposure to financial regulations, reporting requirements for USAID and other major donors strongly preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to communicate technical accounting and controls issues in terms so that non-financial audience can understand the significance of the subject matter being discussed.
• Must be able to maintain a calm and professional demeanor.
• Must possess excellent organisational skills and demonstrate a high attention to detail, with the ability to work on multiple assignments under the pressure of concurring deadlines.
• Computer literacy required to include a proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Must have experience using Quick-books accounting system with the ability to provide training to staff and perform technical updates to the systems as needed. Ability to communicate effectively in French preferred.
How To Apply For The Job
To apply, please submit cover letter, CV. references as well as salary and benefit requirements to:-
Please place “Regional Finance Officer” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. EOE
Closing Date: 07 February, 2014