Supply Chain Management is at the heart of what we do at Olam. The role involves taking responsibility for a grains business in the region. You will play a critical and extremely tangible role in delivering results, while controlling the execution of all processes, including managing the supply chain from producer to export. Pro-active management of supply planning processes and integrated sub-processes to meet business commitments and deliver required levels of customer service.
Interface between the Sourcing Units, Services team, and the broader supply chain business functions to ensure that there are no interruptions in supply and that the highest level of customer service is achieved.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
- Responsible for managing the supply planning process for the Businesses and the coordinating of the long-term supply plans from the frozen period to the end of the 24-month horizon in order to optimise customer service at minimal cost and inventory investment.
- Manage the reconciliation of supply and total demand for the lines planned and escalates where exceptions exist.
- Interfaces between the Sourcing Units/plants, the broader supply chain and business functions to ensure that there are no interruptions in supply and that the highest level of customer service is achieved
- Anticipating and addressing short term Supply Chain risks.
- Responsible for stock availability loss in the OTIF loss tree.
- Short term gap closing / demand management.
- Eliminates tactical and strategic service losses through daily root cause analysis.
- Ensure production requirements are updated on SAP.
- Supply and Demand Reconciliation
- Table resultant (optimized) line utilization and impact on supply for discussion in S&OP supply meeting monthly.
- Finished goods Inventory planning
- Obtains data from multiple sources for inclusion in the calculation of stock targets. (e.g. forecast accuracy, factory reliability, production cycle times, order lead time, despatch rates).
- Calculates and interprets safety, cycle, pipeline, strategic and pre-build stocks in order to facilitate decision making.
- Consolidates and proposes stock level targets for agreement by Supply Chain and Factory managers.
- MBA with 8-10 years of post-qualification industry experience.
- An understanding of how, and the willingness to go the extra mile, to bring added business value.
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills.
- A previous experience in Logistics, Warehouse managment, Supply chain management would always be a value add.
Closing Date : 9 August, 2020