This role is accountable for signing Partnerships, growing the Bancassurance unit and working with all stakeholders to plan, manage, lead and direct the business focus on the distribution of insurance products to achieve business, revenue and profit targets. This role is also accountable for managing, leading, gathering of market intelligence for strategic business planning and developing of concept, as well as directing the business focus on the distribution of insurance products across all banking and other channels.
Job Title: Bancassurance and Alternative Distribution Head
Key Result Areas
- Responsible for the identification and qualification of opportunities to maximise revenue.
- Responsible for product conceptualization.
- Compiles customer value proposition as well as business model for entry into identified markets.
- Conducts research, assists in developing a suitable response and conducts viability assessments of a range of potential solutions.
- Develops business case for new initiatives, which include all business imperatives such as systems and other resources, distribution models, marketing plans etc.
- Ensures that the approved solution is effectively implemented and refined over the medium term after initial launch.
- Drafts service level agreements with service providers and ensure compliance thereof.
- Ensures integration of new business opportunities with existing initiatives within the business.
- Builds relationships and networks with external stakeholders and potential alliances.
- Conducts presentations to introduce new initiatives and ensures buy-in.
- Responsible for signing various partnership.
- Manage Existing Partnership Relationships.
- Manage Sales and Corporate Relationship Managers.
Requirements, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Minimum of a Relevant Degree from an accredited Tertiary Institution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Highly organized and structured, able to multi-task and prioritize appropriately.
- Collaborate effectively with others to achieve results
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills
- Accepts and lives Old Mutual’s Values and Behaviours.