This role is a specialised accounting position in business units and is mainly responsible for producing accurate monthly statements for statutory and management purposes. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through own efforts.
You will report to the Senior Financial Accountant as per existing structure and may be amended from time to time.
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Analyse financial information and summarise financial status
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review work of more junior team members
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Working Capital Management and Analysis
- Abreast with applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local tax system
- Intermediate knowledge of excel and financial modelling.
- Prepares draft income statement and balance sheet.
- Compiles and populates records to Trial Balance level.
- Working knowledge of IFRS 17
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality over periods of 1 day to a maximum of three months.
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values
Requirements: Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- 4 to 5 years relevant work experience
- Chartered Accountant Preferred
- Technical knowledge
- Relationship Management
- Initiating action
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills