Posted on :
29 Oct, 2013
29 Oct, 2013
The enterprising poor, in huge numbers, are voting with their feet.They are sacrificing their meager earnings to put their wards into low-cost private schools. Omega Schools has responded with an innovative Pay-As-You-Learn™ model – a chain of low cost private schools with specialised curriculum, assessment, technology and management modules that are benefiting the poor and empowering aspirations of low income families and their communities.
Founded by Ken Donkoh and James Tooley in 2008, and backed by Pearson’s Affordable Learning Fund, Omega Schools is a social enterprise on a mission to deliver quality education at the lowest cost on a grand scale. The model has proven to be extremely attractive to parents, enabling its schools to be full within 10 days of opening. Currently the chain has 38 schools educating over 20,000 students and seeking to double that number in a year.
We are seeking for an experienced Chief Operations Officer (COO) to assist in the aggressive and successful growth of the company. As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must believe in the core values of Omega Schools and be driven by the mission. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for breaking new grounds to lead social change. Above all, we are seeking for a candidate who has a proven experience in a rapid-growth, rapid-scale multi-located business preferably in a service, retail or similar sector.
Reporting to the CEO, the COO will lead all internal operations of the chain:
• Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
• Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of the chain.
• Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external;
• Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the Company.
• Motivate and lead a high performance team; Mentor direct reports to cultivate skills and to increase consciousness of the interrelationship between each department.
• Remain knowledgeable of market and industry trends, possible partners, competitors, and all aspects of Omega’s market.
• Responsible for capital planning and expenditures.
• Gather and analyze customer trends to assist in developing corporate strategy.
• Represent the Company at various community activities; Meet and network regularly with business leaders in the community
Qualification Required & Experience
Your skills and experience should include:
• Working in emerging and frontier markets in ambiguous and dynamic environments
• Leadership and Organization – exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team builder who has experience in scaling up multi-located organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed.
• Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment, the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
• Strategic Vision and Agility – ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
• Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
• General Management—thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing.
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Omega.
• Solid educational background—a very good undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired.
• Advanced Excel skills (modeling and analysis) is required.
How To Apply For The Job
Send CV and application to:
Closing Date: 11 November, 2013