Posted on :
26 Jul, 2016
26 Jul, 2016
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited, (Subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operates the combined Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana, and has a workforce of over 1,400, including contractors. AngloGold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Ltd, is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of
Job Title: Management Accountant.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Management Accounting team with the mine’s business planning, budgetary control, Cost Accounting, Cost management, Capital Expenditure Management and metal inventory valuation.
• Support the Senior Manager – Finance (SMF) in coordinating the mine’s budgeting and business planning activities.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly management reports-analyzing financial and operational results, distilling and synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk.
• Produce periodic information to budget holders. highlighting variances against budget and liaising in the identification of the root causes.
• Partner in identification and implementation of the mine-wide cost reduction and efficiency improvement opportunity to sustainably reduce the mine’s All-in-Cost and create value.
• Conduct comprehensive financial evaluation of capital expenditures and other strategic decisions.
• Develop and maintain spreadsheet model for metal inventory valuation (including NRV testing).
• Oversee the bullion shipment.
• Partner with Chief Accountant to ensure timely completion of month-end reports.
• Oversee the budgetary control activities with respect to both operational and capital expenditure, ensuring adherence to guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager – Finance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting and finance or its equivalence plus minimum of eight (8) years working experience in the Mining Industry OR
• Member of ACCA, ICA, and CIMA with a minimum of eight (8) years working experience operating at management level
• Proficient in the use of ERP SAP, especially FICO and BW, IBM Cognos TMI and Hyperion, would be an advantage.
• Expertise in Microsoft office Suit applications and financial modelling.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work cross functionally and influence appropriately
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Tuesday, 2nd August. 2016:
The Senior Manager-Human Resources
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 02 August, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview.