Posted on :
18 Oct, 2016
18 Oct, 2016
IOM, acting as implementing partner for the European Commission, is seeking to recruit a number of local staff for support functions assigned to the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) in Ghana. All positions are short term assignments (2 to 3 months) based in Accra and offer successful applicants that opportunity to gain valuable experience of working for an international organisation.
Job Title: Security Operations Room Assistant
• Under the overall supervision of the Security Expert, the Security Operations Room Assistant would mostly be dealing with the in-out movements of vehicles on a 24h/7day basis (8 hours shift).
• The tasks will include, Making sure that all the observers are providing timely information about their movement and keep track of all the observers, helping and assisting the observers in case of need
• The assistant will have to maintain good coordination with the Security Expert and pass all the relevant information
• Candidates require good technical radio operation skills
• Knowledge of call signs used by the UN would be an asset
Qualification Required & Experience
• Candidates must have relevant professional experience of at least 2 years in these areas
• Excellent English communications skills are essential
• Fluency in any other local language would be an asset
How to Apply For the Job
Applications should be submitted by email to:
[email protected] – Clearly stating the position VNE number
Each application should include a CV and short application in English only, plus full contact details.
Closing Date: 28 October, 2016