Posted on :
22 Jul, 2016
22 Jul, 2016
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Job Title: Behavior Change Communications Specialist
Winrock International (WI) is currently recruiting for the position of a full-time Behavior Change Communications Specialist in its Tamale project office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscape approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana’s natural resources.
• LOCATION: Tamale, Ghana
• UNIT: Forestry and Natural Resource Management Group
• REPORTS TO: Food Security & Agronomy Expert
The Behavior Change Communications Specialist will work with the technical leads of the AgNRM project to provide technical leadership on integrating behavior change into activities and communications to accomplish project goals. S/he will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategy for behavior change for AgNRM project activities and communications.
• Lead and coordinate behavior change strategy, capacity-building and activities;
• Advise and mentor staff (headquarters, regional and site level) on how to integrate the behavior change strategy into project activities and communications;
• Visit site-level offices and selected communities to gain adequate knowledge of potentials and constraints, and the work environment, to be able to better monitor, support, and affect behavior change;
• Work with project staff and partners to develop messaging on conservation agriculture, nutrition, gender, agribusiness, and environmental stewardship;
• Assist the Communication Director in designing and implementing social marketing and media communications to integrate effective elements that facilitate behavior change;
• Work with Monitoring and Evaluation in the development, application, and monitoring of behavior change outcomes, and if applicable, project indicators;
• Review and assess effectiveness of behavior change aspects of activities and communications through reports, field visits, and surveys;
• Network with other organizations to share behavior change information and best practices;
• Develop behavior change-related skills, tools, and conceptual frameworks to strengthen responsiveness and analysis in programming and implementation, using own resources or outside expertise;
• Provide monthly updates, and assist in compiling behavior change highlights and “success stories” for Quarterly and Annual Technical progress reports for donor submission;
• Prepare Annual Work Plan for behavior change component; and
• Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
SALARY & BENEFITS
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance, retirement, and other normal Winrock benefits.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Work Experience: Five to seven years of relevant experience integrating behavior change in development projects
• Experience working with USAID-funded projects is an advantage
• Demonstrated and proven record to work in a multidisciplinary team
• In depth knowledge and work experience in the natural resources sector in Ghana;
• In depth knowledge and work experience in behavior change issues in natural resources;
• Ability to work in a team, including effectively contributing to joint planning and implementation of trainings, workshops, and other program activities;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
• Required computer proficiencies: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet
How to Apply For the Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, three references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected], indicating “Behavior Change Communications Specialist” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 01 August, 2016
• Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
• Final deadline for applications is August 1, 2016.
• Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.