OneFi started in 2012 as a brick and mortar consumer lender focused on the Nigerian market. Having raised a Series A round in 2015, we pivoted in 2016 to become a digital lender via the Paylater App (www.paylater.ng) and we are focused on provided access to financial services to the “Next Billion’ starting in Africa. Currently, we are the largest fully automated smartphone lender in West Africa with over 700,000 apps downloaded and disbursing just under 2,000 loans per day in Nigeria and Ghana. Our 2018 goal is to be a digital bank in 3 countries and have secured a banking license in Nigeria already. The Country Business Lead will be primarily responsible for the success of the Paylater App in Ghana while interfacing with the entire product team. The individual will also play a lead role in developing and implementing the country product road map and building a local team.
Job Title: Country Business Lead
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to acquire customers for loans and bill payments.
- Establish relationships with new partners to create distribution channels for Paylater products.
- Build a small operations team that will manage the product to operational break-even.
- Track, analyze and report performance of lending and marketing programs and A/B tests
- Calculate and monitor lifetime value and acquisition costs for different customer segments
- Devise strategies to enhance customer retention and increase lifetime value
- Ensure that Paylater complies with all relevant regulatory authorities and is in good standing.
What we need
- Passion and drive to disrupt both the consumer lending industry for the better.
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing analytically-driven role (consulting, finance, analytics, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such Firebase, Facebook Analytics and Mixpanel.
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights.
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment.
- Obsessed with understanding consumer behaviour and the effects of product changes.
Why work for us
- You are Mission Driven: We are going to change the world and only want colleagues that are comfortable with uncertainty because we are typically pioneers in the markets we operate in.
- Interest in Fintech and Financial services: You are a user of financial services and have been frustrated in the past either by lack of access, usability or high charges. You want to be part of the change to improve financial services and access for millions of users.
- Multi-cultural environment:Competition is global and to compete with the best we need to hire the best irrespective of geography. Your colleagues and advisors are from different countries and have different insights and backgrounds that together enrich the company and our interactions with each other.
- Adventure:We all like our creature comforts but you are not deterred from some of the world’s most challenging airports, spicy food and the odd Mexican restaurant.