Posted on :
17 Aug, 2018
17 Aug, 2018
Our fast-growing manufacturing company is in need of an experienced account clerk to keep records and reconcile accounts of all our clients. The qualified candidate will have strong quantitative and interpersonal skills, as well as proficiency in basic accounting functions and software programs. We’re looking for a team player with a keen interest in building successful relationships with clients. Experience in the manufacturing or production industry is preferred but not necessary. A bachelor’s degree in accounting is also preferred.
Job Title: Account Clerk
Account Clerk Duties and Responsibilities
· Perform bookkeeping and clerical functions
· Research, track, and resolve accounting problems
· Issue cheques for accounts payable.
· Record charges and refunds in the accounting software
· Support accounting personnel as necessary
· Record business transactions, input type vouchers, invoices, cheques, account statements, reports, and other records
· Utilize computer systems to run databases, pay bills and order supplies; Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts
· Match invoices to work orders; reconcile and document
· Compile and sort invoices and cheques, file and tally deposits, process bills for payment, and arrange and organize deposits
· Contact individuals with delinquent accounts and negotiate timely repayment or termination of services
· Ensure customers accept payments or refunds
Account Clerk Requirements and Qualifications
· HND, Degree in Accounting or related field
· Experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and accounting procedures
· Good knowledge of the English language, spelling and mathematics
· 1+ years’ relevant work experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Proficiency in QuickBooks.
· Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
Submit your CV to [email protected]
Closing Date : 30 – 08 – 2018
NB : Kindly use the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.