The Fixed Propositions Specialist will own the delivery of Fixed Broadband, Consumer Fixed Voice, Internet Café and Wi-Fi products and work in conjunction with the Fixed Propositions Manager in increasing the revenue contribution targets by building an in-depth understanding of the FBB sector and by creating new extensions to the FBB portfolio which would retain and encourage greater usage of fixed services.
Job Title: Fixed Propositions Specialist – COMFBU016
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Product development and go to market :
- Develop new product proposals for Fixed Broadband, Consumer Fixed Voice, Internet Café and Wi-Fi, supported by market data and competitive analysis, and develop business cases demonstrating a return on investment.
- Manage the product development process of products meeting agreed cost and quality targets as agreed with the Propositions Manager.
- Work with Finance to develop a competitive price which generates agreed margins for all new and in-life products and services.
- Coordinate marketing communications to develop effective communications on products, services and brand.
- Manage the insights gathering process to inform new product development
- Own and maintain the product requirements catalogue and functional backlog.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders and suppliers. Capable of facilitating disparate groups to elicit requirements, drive understanding and obtain agreement.
- Subject matter expert for the functionality of the product, the processes and the users. Translating business needs into technical requirements and aligning product capabilities with strategic roadmaps.
- Drive business adoption of the product ensuring that functionality is exploited to its maximum potential through stakeholder engagement, handover documentation and knowledge transfer to BAU operating teams
- Portfolio in-life management:
- Manage in-life products portfolio on a profit and loss account basis, using financial performance data to make individual product investment and withdrawal decisions.
- Work with CVM and Experience teams to create new extensions to the portfolio to meet evolving customer needs.
- Prioritise and manage change through the Vodafone project delivery lifecycle and work request processes.
- Manage product withdrawal, ensuring that alternative solutions are available to customers, that a migration path to alternative services is properly planned and that the changes are effectively communicated.
- Must have demonstrated at least 2/3 years’ experience in new product development in the telecommunications or ICT sectors
- Able to prepare business cases and specifications for new product development.
- Proactive, with strong personal drive
- Enthusiastic about the telecoms industry
- Creative & deep thinker with the ability to view a problem from different angles
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to develop business cases and interpret performance data.