Abt. Associates Inc., a US-based company, is implementing the PMI/ USAID–funded VectorLink Project, Ghana. IRS as a component of VectorLink Project has been implemented in Ghana since 2008 in some selected districts in the Northern Region.
Job Title: Finance Assistants (8 Positions)
Abt Associates is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill temporary positions as Finance Assistants (8 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 4 months. Candidates that live in any of the districts mentioned above will have added advantage.
Bunkpurugu – Yunyoo, Chereponi, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moagduri (Kubori), West Mamprusi (Wungu).
Responsibilities of Finance Assistant
- Work closely with District Operations Coordinators in confirming engaged personnel for payment
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payment for temporal staff.
- Ensure that funds advanced to pay mobilizers are closely monitored and cleared timely
- Timely distribute payments to sesonal staff and clear the paperwork in an expedite manner.
- Lead preparation, revision and submission of bi-weekly financial reports.
- Work with logistics department to ensure that all vendors are paid promptly
- Handle any finance related project activities in the districts.
- Collect and enter finance data in excel for project activities in the district.
- Adhere to the company’s financial policies and procedures
- Properly keep records of all financial transactions in the district
- Ensure swift payment of invoices by properly verifying all invoices submitted for correctness
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of HND or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, with two years working experience in Accounting, and Finance
- Proficiency in English and one or more Ghanaian Northern Language is a plus.
- Work overtime if necessary as well as meet deadlines for reporting.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations is an advantage.
- Good level of competence in MS Excel and MS Word programs
- Good inter-personal communication skills
- Good organizational skills and good problem solving ability
How to Apply
- To apply for the positions, please submit an application letter and CV based on the instructions below:
- Application letter must have specific job title, CV and site/sub-district of preference, otherwise the candidate will not be considered. Please look through the above mentioned sites/ sub-districts and positions to include the name of the site(s) in the application letter.
- To deliver your typed application letter and CV use any of the following options:
- Deliver by hand to the PMI VectorLink Project/Abt Associates Inc. office located near VSO office off the SSNIT FLATS Junction, Waterson road – Tamale.
- Submit to the security guards at the district or sub-district
- offices of the PMI Vectorlink Project listed above.
- Use the email address below [email protected] (Please indicate the position and district in the subject line of the email).
- Emails without district and Job title will not be considered
- Deliver by hand to the Ghana Health Service district or sub-district office or the District Assembly where you want to be considered for any of the positions.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please note that successful candidates will be contracted for not more than 2 months.
- Only qualified applicants will be contacted
- Deadline for submission of applications: 5 PM, 20th December, 2018.