AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Training and Development Superintendent.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
This role ensures the availability and application of training and development programs to deliver suitably skilled and experienced local (Obuasi) employees and further to support the business by growing the internal capability to deliver upon the future requirements.
- Identify, develop and facilitate the implementation of necessary Training and Development Operational Readiness Works to support the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine.
- Develop the annual Training and Development budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM HR plans.
- Deliver the approved Training and Development Budget targets within specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs.
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Training and Development Department regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development.
- Support the implementation of all environmental requirements for the HR Department and integrate this work into the Department’s budget.
- Design and implement approved Training and Development programmes to develop the workforce to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, LoM plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority.
- Nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and continuous improvement within the Training and Development Department.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (CAR HR, Mine Management Team, Departmental Team Members, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities).
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in HR Management, Industrial Psychology or Social Sciences
- Professional certification or membership; (CIPD qualifications, SHRM, SPHR, HRMP)
- Not less than 3 years’ experience in Training and Development role within the mining industry.
- Human Resources Functional Knowledge with expertise in Training and Development with specific to Talent Management.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint Applications.
- Conversant with the Ghana Labour Laws.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to make decisions in a manner consistent with established Company policy and Employment laws.
- Ability to identify opportunities, diagnose problems and develop solutions.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others, promoting Collaboration and Team work, Developing Others
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
Please note – only candidates who are successfully shortlisted will be contacted.
CLOSING DATE: 7TH NOVEMBER 2018.