The Director of Finance shall, be responsible for the management of the finances of the Institute.
Job Title: Director Of Finance
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of four (4) years in the first instance and may be reappointed for a further term of up to four (4) years only, subject to satisfactory performance.
The successful candidate shall report to the Secretary of the Institute.
- Inform, update and advise the Rector on the finances of the Institute at set times.
- Ensure that proper books of accounts and records of assets and liabilities of the Institute are kept in such manner and form as the Council and the Auditor-General may require.
- Prepare for consideration of the Council through the Academic Board such statements,accounts and estimates as the Council may require.
- Call for and receive earnings,revenues and contributions to the Institute from all sources, including fees paid by students and course participant (fees,charges and dues in respect services rendered by or through the Institute
- Accord every necessary assistance to both Internal and External Auditors in the discharge of their duties.
- Provide advisory and consultative service to all departmental heads.
- Maintain cordial and professional relations with external clients/ potential students and participants.
- Protect, conserve and efficiently utilize all assets assigned to the Department.
- Perform other related duties that may be required by the Secretary of the Institute.
Remuneration: Very attractive and competitive
Required Skills or Experience
- Professional qualification (ACCA, ICA, and CA (England & Wales) plus a Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- An understanding of higher education financing and related accounting and financial policies.
- Experience in strategic planning, financial analysis and risk management.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in top accounting financial management position with solid people management Skills.
- Must be able to serve a full-term of office of four (4) years before attaining. statutory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
The candidate must have:
- Leadership and managerial capacity;
- Excellent financial management skills;
- Ability to think strategically;
- Excellent problem-solving, and inter-inter-personal skills;
- Strong people management skills;
- Team playing spirit and be ethical;
- Business acumen and technical capacity;
- The ability to take initiative and introduce change and innovation;
- Very good IT skills and ability to use and adapt to customized Enterprise
- Resource Planning (ERP).
How to Apply
- Applications with CV, cover letters, vision statements, copies of transcripts and certificates should be emailed to email@example.com July 31, 2018.
- Prospective applicants should also arrange for letters of recommendation to be e-mailed directly from three (3) referees to the above emai address by July 31, 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted