Impact Malaria (IM) is US President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), global service delivery project to reduce malaria mortality and morbidity, and efficiently and effectively move countries forward along the malaria elimination spectrum. The project, set to be implemented in Ghana, will contribute to the country’s National Malaria Control Strategic Plan 2014-2020 and beyond.
Job Title: Driver
We are currently seeking dynamic individuals to join the team on the implementation of malaria service delivery activities in Ghana.
The project will operate over a five-year period.
Responsible for transporting IM staff, partners and materials to project sites, including loading and unloading of vehicles. He/she ensures that all vehicles are well maintained and are driven in a safe manner, in accordance with the local laws and policies, strictly following traffic rules and regulations. This position will be based in Kumasi.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the safety and comfort of all passengers at all times
- Treats all passengers aboard Impact Malaria vehicles courteously and respectfully, regardless of gender, age, religion or nationality
- Keeps supervisor informed if driving at night or if driving into areas considered potentially unsafe
- Uses vehicle for official use only
- Undertakes delivery of materials and documents with instructions from supervisor
- Assists passengers with schedule and information and direction on routes
Repair and maintenance
- Keeps vehicles clean at all times
- Refuels vehicles when required
- Carries out necessary inspections on the vehicles
- Completes daily safety and maintenance checks of vehicle
- Performs minor maintenance and repairs on vehicles (e.g. replace bulbs, refill radiator water, change tires)
- Ensures timely engine oil change and other lubricants i.e. brake fluid, engine oil, when required
- Ensures that vehicle maintenance for all vehicles is planned for and done on time.
- Ensures license is renewed on expiry
- Maintains accurate records including vehicle logs, fuel, oil change, maintenance record and others as required
- Follows Impact Malaria safety and security guidelines
- Notifies supervisor of any safety or maintenance concerns.
Safety and Security
- Ensures sure seat belts are properly worn by all passengers at all times
- Does not permit unauthorized adults or children to travel in Impact Malaria vehicles
- Complies with all applicable safety requirements, laws and regulations
- Conducts regular safety checks on ALL vehicles, documents findings and follows up on action points.
- Participates in the Safety and Security committee of the office
- Supports the maintenance of safety and security in the office building
- Conduct periodic safety checks; document and follow up with action points
- Maintain fire extinguishers and safety certification
- Participate in safety and security committee
- Supervise security guards including review visitor’s log and entry of visitors to the office
- Supports the office manager to undertake the following administrative tasks:
- Payment of utility bills and other administrative assignments to be designated
- Banking including deposit and cashing of checks
- Making purchases and collecting purchases from vendors
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Senior High School Certificate
- Valid Driver’s license with accident-free record
- Defensive driving certificate is advantageous
- 5 years’ experience, international organization or corporation experience is advantageous
- Ability to conduct routine vehicle maintenance
- Experience with administrative tasks
- Computer literacy and use of MS Office, email and internet
- Good knowledge of basic operations and maintenance requirements of vehicles
How to Apply
Qualified persons are required to send cover letter, resume, references, and salary history to [email protected]
Deadline for the submission of applications: September 7, 2018. Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.