MODEC has been providing competitive floating solutions for the offshore oil and gas industry and is recognized as a leading specialist for Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessels, Floating Storage and Offloading (FSO) vessels, Floating LNGs (FLNGs), Tension Leg Platforms (TLPs), and Production Semi-submersibles.
Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
The Senior Process Engineer provides daily and ongoing process engineering support to facilities operated and maintained by MODEC Ghana Limited. The Sr. Process Engineer’s role is to complete the process engineering discipline inputs as applicable to all Management of Change or specific maintenance, production and operations work activities specifically related to the FPSO operations.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to local Operations & Engineering personnel to develop their operational skills.
- Liaising and coordinating with client and facilities in relation to MODEC financial KPIs for topside processing system to secure opportunities to maximize production performance.
- Undertake analysis and investigation of plant trips and deferrals to generate actions for improvement and optimization topside process.
- Recommend technical solutions to problems relation to top side process equipment arising from facilities.
- Be focal point for CBM Performance monitoring & reliability improvement of topside process equipment.
- Be a System Custodian on topside process e who is responsible for ensuring that the system remains fit for service by ensuring that its performance standard is met, that maintenance and inspections are up-to date and issues are managed and risks properly mitigated until resolved.
- Liaising and coordinating work activities with other discipline engineers to achieve deadlines and target objectives as required for the Operations team.
- Liaising and coordinating with facilities for preparing annual budget operation and maintenance of topside process equipment.
- Develops and reviews Operational work instructions and standard operational procedures as required.
- Identify, review, and approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facility’s equipment and packages.
- Lead miscellaneous Process Engineering activities and/or providing expert level technical knowledge and guidance in all phases of projects (conceptual engineering, basic engineering, detailed engineering design, construction, installation and commissioning).Ensure proper division of work & responsibility among the process engineers, providing proper guidance & integration of work done, ensuring good, positive & healthy working nature among the team to ensure optimum productivity & efficiency.
- Process design & detail engineering including performing process simulations, design calculations, Process Optimization, sizing & selection of equipment etc. Review documents, specifications, datasheets, verification design & calculations.
- Preparation of various engineering deliverables (Drawings & Documents) such as Process Flow Diagrams, P & I Diagrams, Process Datasheets, Equipment Specifications, Cause & Effect Diagrams, control philosophies, shutdown philosophies, Operation & maintenance manuals etc. and providing necessary engineering inputs to the other disciplines and other departments.
- Bachelor Degree in Process engineer / Chemical Engineer discipline.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced.
- 10 years experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry. An FPSO experience is desirably.
- 5 years experience at supervisor level.
- Demonstrate good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
- Strong troubleshooting and optimizing topside process & utility system skill
- Oil stabilization.
- Gas Dehydration & Refrigeration Process.
- Reciprocating / Centrifuge compressor
- Sea water treatment and injection.
- Produced water treatment.
- Utilities ( Instrument Air, Fresh water & Nitrogen system)
- Highly desirable for process design and detail engineering design for process equipment compile to applicable international standard for Floating Production facilities.
- Highly desirable, but not essential for utilizing Process Engineer tools (HYSYS/Unisim).
- Highly desirable for project management skill.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
Knowledge of the maintenance management system (AMOS, MAXIMO preferred)