Posted on :
13 Jun, 2017
13 Jun, 2017
Youth Empowerment for Life (YEfL) is a Tamale-based Non-Governmental Organization aimed at empowering youth politically, socially and economically. Our key strategic areas include entrepreneurship, sport for development, youth organization, communication & media, and governance. Our development partners include GDCA, Oxfam – IBIS, CRS and STAR GHANA, with Ghana Friends (in Denmark) and Danida as our major funders.
YEfL is seeking the services of a qualified person for the position of Technical Advisor for Youth, Advocacy and Gender. The staff member will be responsible for providing technical advisory support within our strategic areas and perform managerial roles in collaboration with the management team of YEfL.
The Technical Advisor is responsible for developing the technical expertise of the organization. This involves careful context monitoring of developments within the strategic areas for adjustments of strategies, advocacy plans, cooperation and networking opportunities, etc.
Technical advisory support will be given to all YEFL’s projects and programmes. The major tasks include:
• Strategy development relevant to the organization’s intervention areas
• Close cooperation with programme teams, advising and supporting implementation, including capacity building of and support to district teams
• Collect relevant issues and data from field level to serve as evidence for advocacy at regional/national/international level
• Cooperate closely with advocacy and communication teams on development and implementation of advocacy strategies and production of communication materials
• Contribute to fund raising including proposal writing to secure funding for YEfL
• Conduct routine programme monitoring & evaluation and participate in joint monitoring & evaluation with other partners
• Prepare technical reports relating to programmes
• Hold engagement meetings with National Youth Authority and other stakeholders
• Contribute to community-based activities
• Conduct entrepreneurship trainings and monitor progress
Qualifications Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Development Studies or Social Sciences, plus at least 2-years’ experience in community development work; or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field plus 4 years’ relevant experience in community development work
• Should have proven experience in policy analysis, advocacy, organizational capacity building, entrepreneurship, project design and proposal development, strategic communication, monitoring & evaluation, documentation & reporting.
• Ability to speak fluently in English and one or more languages spoken in Northern Region
What we offer
• We have a young, dynamic and innovative team working in a positive and exciting environment allowing staff members to explore their potential; empowering young people to lead change.
• We value and cherish people for who they are.
• We also offer an annual basic salary range of between GHC 24,000.00 to 31,200.00
How to Apply For the Job
Interested applicants should download and complete an application template below.
and send the completed application to:
Closing Date: 16 June, 2017
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted