Operation Smile has provided hundreds of thousands of safe surgeries for those born with cleft lip, cleft palate, or other facial deformities. With more than three decades of expertise, Operation Smile creates solutions that deliver free surgery to people where it is needed most. As one of the largest medical volunteer-based nonprofits, Operation Smile has mobilized thousands of medical volunteers from a wide range of medical specialties from more than 80 countries. Operation Smile engages public-private partnerships to advance health care delivery, train local medical professionals to provide surgical care for patients in their communities, donate crucial medical equipment and supplies, and increase access to surgical care so that everyone living with cleft is treated.
Trust, collaboration, commitment, invest in the future, and global impact are our cultural guideposts at Operation Smile. They are a part of who we are as an organization. They create a shared understanding of how all our roles are connected and are an invaluable tool that helps guide how we interact with patients, donors, partners, and each other.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Visit www.operationsmile.org, find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
All interested applicants should apply online at www.operationsmile.org/about-us/careers
The M&E Coordinator will report to the Country Manager and work in close collaboration with relevant programmatic technical advisers, as well as counterparts to ensure that quality data are available to program teams to guide decision making. They will work collaboratively with the headquarters to support in collecting data for global Theory of Change outputs and seek ways to align country projects to these.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Data Collection and Reporting Coordination:
- Ensure that field-based and facility M&E data volunteers have the tools, access, and training necessary to perform their duties optimally. Support in problem-solving challenges.[SW3]
- Engage program teams on a weekly basis to discuss challenges with data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Prepare and develop systematic and realistic M&E implementation plans that outline processes for the capturing of quantitative and qualitative data to report on project performance indicators, and with input from the programs team finalize for approval by the Country Manager.
- Coordinate the implementation of baseline surveys.
- Review and adapt existing, or develop new, project reporting templates that facilitate the effective collection of data and aggregation of information.
- Compile data from all Operation Smile Ghana projects ensuring data is at the agreed levels of quality standards.
- Maintain effective information databases for projects.
- Compile reports and verify data, validating the accuracy of reports generated from projects. prior to submission to donors on a quarterly and annual basis or as directed by the Country Manager.
- Provide facility level M&E reports to the program on technical focus areas (i.e. key populations, AGYW, etc)
Data Quality Improvement:
- Conduct monthly data quality assessments/audits to identify data quality improvement and training needs.
- Develop facility data quality improvement project plans.
- Work closely with the data collection volunteers, and Technical Advisors to implement data collection and data quality improvement plans.
- Measure and report data quality improvement project progress and outcomes
- Support the Country Manager on regular data quality drives, setting targets to reduce data capturing and reporting mistakes.
- Provide supportive supervision on data entry and capturing processes to the M&E Data Collectors
Data Analyzing and Reporting for Program Performance Improvement
- Support managers and advisors in the evaluation and documentation of qualitative and quantitative performance measures at quarterly and yearly intervals, following completion of implementation of projects.
- Investigate and resolve queries regarding reporting form all programs and activities.
- Regularly analyze data trends at facility level to identify patterns observed, preparing monthly reports to Country Manager and program teams.
- Prepare high quality reports and disseminate findings to the program teams to support evidence-based decision making relating to activities and focus areas.
Support to Program stakeholders
- Key stakeholder management and support is with regards to Speech on Wheels Project team,[SW4] University and other Hospital and Health stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Country Manager to resolve any difficulties with program activities and program compliance.
- Contribute to the development of guidelines and standards for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all project interventions.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with relevant norms and policies.
- Actively identify successful activities and interventions and working with the Country Manager, develop lessons learnt and document these.
- Organize and coordinate regular lessons, learnt workshops to contribute to knowledge sharing and improved data driven decision-making.
- Facilitate implementation of key community capacity building initiatives to ensure community-based monitoring and evaluation.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required
- A minimum of a 3-year Diploma/Bachelor’ degree in development related subjects (preferable)
- Or A minimum 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs
- Good knowledge of programme and Project Cycle Management and Development
- Communication and analytical skills
- Exposure to at least one of the health information System
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power point: SPSS MS Access, STATA, Excel, or other statistical software package desired
- A certified qualification in Program and Project Cycle Management and Development
- Exposure to at least one of the health information systems
- Attention to detail.
- Analysis and Problem Solving
- High degree of accuracy in handling and managing statistical data.
- Oral and written communication
- Planning and organizing
- Good judgement capabilities
- Ability to provide coaching and mentoring to junior staff.
- Capacity development.
Associated duties which can be reasonably considered to be part of the job shall form part of the job responsibilities. Additionally, an employee may be allocated to other temporary duties or new projects if these are consistent with the mission of Operation Smile and his/her skills and experience.
The Monitoring and Evaluations Coordinator must always act with professionalism and must maintain the confidentiality of the privileged management and donor information.