A Finance and Admin Manager will be a temporary position within the OSG team who oversees the management of OSI resources in Ghana, is responsible for the budget planning, and supports the country management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best program decisions for the Organization chapter in Ghana. This temporary managerial role also involves a responsibility of ensuring the Organization’s policies and procedures comply with regulatory and ethical standards in Country and all financial day to day activities are administered and adhered to. The individual in this position reports to OSG Country Manager with a dotted line relationship to the Regional Director and the Regional Finance Director.
Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Key areas of work and Responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements, reports and Project/program forecasts according to the annual financial plan
- Prepare, manage and delegate day to day financial transaction in accordance with OSI processes and policies
- Record and document all financial transactions day to day within the OSI monthly financial cycle
- Providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Ensure that the organization’s financial records and recordkeeping methods are in compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Advising on investment activities and provide strategies that the organization should take.
- Maintaining the financial health of the organization and the day to day financials
- Ensure the risk management plan is adhered to, support documentation is in place and processes followed according to all policies and procedures
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met
- Develop plan for audits and internal control.
- Take a lead in the organizational budgeting cycle as schedule requires.
- Lead the implementation, maintenance, and revisions to OSG finance, procurement, and operations manual.
- Acquire best value for largest budget costs by developing and managing cost competitive blanket purchase agreements with large vendor.
- Develop and manage micro purchase threshold and ensure that large procurements are competed, procured at best value, documented to manage risk, and executed to delivery.
- Conduct ongoing training for local and HQ staff (who come for missions as the two systems integrate at this point) based on existing procurement guidelines and findings from procurement environment in Ghana.
- Develop and execute annual procurement plan in a way that fosters advance planning and supports the financial management system.
Operations, Risk management and compliance
- Develop and manager OSG operations plan that includes office access and IT related support
- Manage inventory, and develop procedures to report and address loss of items
- Develop and manage OSG security and safety plan
- Obtain and maintain adequate insurance to protect assets, safeguard operations, and minimize potential liability
- Work closely with program manager and project staff to understand and anticipate needs and challenges
- Ensure that all donor and Head office requirements related to risk management and compliance related to key work areas are communicated to all staff including training and documentation of performance.
Desired experience and qualifications
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager (2 to 4 years)
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification such as ACCA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus