Posted on :
22 Jan, 2019
22 Jan, 2019
Oracle’s Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) provides commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software solutions for all major functions in the Utility Sector. These include Customer Care & Billing, Meter Data Management, Settlements, and Network & Outage Management.
Job Title: Senior Sales Executive – Oracle Utilities
• To win new Applications license business in the Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit
• Reports to the EMEA VP Sales Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit
• Has no direct reports, but leads the activities of virtual teams in support of opportunities
• Works in the utility industry on a defined set of accounts ranging from large global enterprises to mid-tier in the designated territory
• Identifies and segments all organizations that fall into their designated territory, plans and executes sales campaigns for their territory and ensures customer satisfaction
• Engage with customers and prospects to present and sell Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit applications. Winning new license sales revenue in line with targets.
• Works with appropriate Oracle Partners
• Works with other Lines of Business (LOBs)
• Developing a strategy and sales plan to address the designated accounts / territory
• Strong focus on account selling – identify value proposition; whitespace; proactively propose applications to account
• Identify and grow partnerships to successfully address client’s needs and create differentiators
• Generating and following up on leads.
• Marshalling internal and Partner resources to conduct the sales process.
• Identifying and working with the appropriate people in Oracle and the Customer.
• Facilitating and nurturing Senior Management relationships to generate active sponsorship of Oracle.
• Maintaining an understanding of Oracle’s strategic direction and interpreting its relevance to the territory / industry.
• Maintaining an awareness of Oracle Utilities’ current and future Application products and services.
• Actively maintaining a depth of product knowledge of Oracle solutions in the Utilities market.
• Research and communicate current industry trends, drivers and potential
• Communicate the benefits of Oracle value propositions to the market
• Work with appropriate people to co-ordinate marketing activities in order to generate leads
• Create and manage bids teams
• Produce an accurate weekly / monthly forecast and pipeline
• Build and maintain effective relationships with other Oracle LOBs to ensure resources are made available as and when required
• Establish and maintain contractual agreements between Oracle and the Customers
• Maintain customer satisfaction in with accounts throughout and beyond the implementation
• Operate in line with Oracle’s business processes and procedures
• Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations
• Attend Industry forums
• Proven track record in selling software applications / services to utilities companies/ public sector in Western, Eastern and Central Africa
• Excellent track record of meeting targets
• Demonstrated ability to close large complex deals
• Proven track record in building relationships at all level within utility companies
• Influencing and negotiating skills
• Strong knowledge of the utility industry drivers in Northern and Western Africa