Oracle (NYSE: ORCL) is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. Oracle is leading the digital transformation, enabling customers around the world to transform their businesses within the cloud rEvolution. With our all-encompassing solution portfolio we offer the most complete & integrated cloud platform in the world. For more information about Oracle, visit oracle.com.
Job Title: Senior Technology Cloud Platform Sales Representative
Oracle’s Software Technology solutions are integrated from applications to disk and designed to address complex application and systems integration requirements across diverse enterprise environments. Now, we give you the role that can focus on our core technology – Database Solutions – engineered for big data and the cloud – and our Middleware Solutions. Oracle Middleware is the digital business platform for the enterprise and the cloud. It enables enterprises to create and run agile, intelligent business applications while maximizing IT efficiency through full utilization of modern hardware and software architectures.
Now, we offer a unique opportunity to join our Software & Cloud Technology Sales team in West Africa supporting our continuous expansion of the business in Ghana market especially within public sector space.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Winning new license sales revenue in line with targets by focusing on the cloud solutions
- Driving sales of the complete Oracle Technology Solutions set (Database, Middleware, Analytics and Big Data, Hybrid Infrastructure and Public IaaS and PaaS) by uncovering new opportunities
- Develop Cloud/Database/Middleware/BI/Big Data Sales opportunities and maintain customer relationships in a specific territory in Ghana
- Developing a strategy and sales plan to address the designated account coverage.
- Defining appropriate Enterprise Sales Industry Value Propositions
- Develop relationships and collaborate with our Partners , i.e. resellers, SI’s, ISV’s, technology partners and alliances to define, recommend, and drive sales
- Develop and execute a sales plan that provides complete territory and sector specific coverage in order to achieve sales target
- Win deals in a competitive environment to over achieve targets
- Identifying and working with the appropriate people in Oracle and the Customer network
- Developing, extending and maintaining relationships with the appropriate Oracle staff
- Working with, and influencing the activities of Oracle Partners as appropriate
- Maintaining an understanding of Oracle’s strategic Cloud direction and interpreting its relevance to the industry sector
- Maintaining an awareness of Oracle’s current and future products and services, especially around PaaS and IaaS offering
- Research and communicate current industry trends, drivers and potential.
- Create Value Propositions and communicate the benefits of these to the market
- Build and maintain effective relationships with other Oracle LOBs (Applications, Sales Consultants, Marketing, Oracle Digital …) to maximize revenue and to ensure resources are made available as and when required
- Operate in line with Oracle’s business processes and procedures
- Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations
- Attend to relevant industry/subject forums for competence building
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial, highly motivated, results oriented individual
- +5 years quota carrying IT sales position experience and account relationship management experience with public sector and utilities customers in Ghana
- More than 3 years’ experience in maintaining relationship with C-level stakeholders in Ghana
- Experience in handling both types of decision makers on the customer side (business and technical)
- Cloud transformation experience IaaS/PaaS, technology driven business transformation and strategic outsourcing experience is a plus.
- Successful sales targets achievements and strong desire to overachieve revenue goals
- Track record of business/account plan development and execution.
- Cross-unit team management experience – international team management is a plus.
- Strong sales skills including business justification, negotiation and closing
- Ability to operate in both hunting and farming models
- Enthusiasm to learn new sales skills and technologies
- Transparency and Assertiveness during sales process coordination
- Strong influencing skills
- University degree will be a strong plus.