Job Overview: The Alliances and Channels Consultant is instrumental in developing, driving & enhancing key Cloud Platform Partner relationships with a select group of top partners in order to maximize incremental resell revenue, influencing implementation & innovation activities and gain market share in the market. The Alliance and Channel Manager will work closely with the Oracle sales teams in their respective markets and with the EMEA A&C team reporting directly to the Regional Alliances & Channels Manager in the A&C Business Unit
Job Title: Alliances and Channels Sales Consultant
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Territory includes but is not limited to Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Burkina Faso, Benin, Cameroon, Mali and Ivory Coast
- Initiate, develop and sustain successful and mutually beneficial relationships at C-Level within the partner base in support of the joint business goals between Oracle and Channel Partner
- Develop a detailed strategy and action-based plan for the designated strategic cloud platform partners and collaborate with the Sales Lines of Business across Cloud Platform, PaaS & IaaS and Engineered Systems in ensuring maximum uptake of Oracle Cloud Services within the partner GTM’s and to drive Future Cloud growth.
- Successfully drive the implementation of A&C initiatives, programs and activities for the designated partners and collaborate with the A&C Team and Sales Lines of Business across Cloud Platform, PaaS & IaaS and Engineered Systems on the strategy and plan for designated strategic partners
- Grow resell revenues with given targets around Cloud Platform, PaaS & IaaS and Engineered Systems Product Areas
- Further developing, extending and maintaining relationships with the correct managerial or operational staff with Partners and Facilitating and being fully adept at nurturing Executive & Senior Management relationships to generate active sponsorship of Oracle Cloud Service Investment & Specialization that allows the successful deployment of Oracle Cloud Strategies
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding and awareness of Oracle’s current and future products and services
- Maintaining an in-depth understanding of competitive activity relevant to the indirect channel and specifically to cloud
- Translate Oracle’s Strategy and Marketing Messages to partners at Executive, Managerial & Operational levels
- Produce an accurate forecast weekly and evaluate the weekly partner pipeline reports through assigned tools and processes
- Build and maintain effective relationships with relevant other Oracle LOBs, WW A&C and EMEA A&C teams
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proven experience with Partners with minimum 5 years regional/global experience in Alliances, Channels, Distribution, Sales and/or Business Development Management.
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of Cloud Strategies within the African context is essential.
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills in English, both written and verbal (A proficiency in French and English is essential)
- Professional, proven & senior competence in:
- managing and adapting to change
- building Relationships
- displaying business ethics & resolving challenging situations in this context
- executive, group & empathic communication
- customer focus and solid results orientation and achievement
- personal drive, planning & organizing
- delivering excellence in teamwork
- Proven experience, behaviour & skills in:
- working and succeeding in a high pressure, fast-moving and challenging environment
- being self-motivated to continuously expand personal professional knowledge
- maintaining a high level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative & commitment
- leadership and seniority in working with stakeholders
- strategic thinking, business management
- influencing and negotiating at a Managerial Level
- decision making
- Showing a developmental capacity for
- leading change
- influencing and negotiating at an Executive Level
- complex decision making
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Develops third party sales channel and ensures partner achieve Oracle sales targets in the General Business space.
As a Channel Sales Representative you will pull partners into Oracle business opportunities and manage third party transactions resulting from the relationship. Identify and develop channel partners committed to selling Oracle products. Facilitate joint selling between channel partners and direct sales team. Increase revenue from partner sources and market share through a leverage partnering model. Identify and develop joint “go-to-market” strategies and lead generation opportunities. Provides accurate and timely management information and revenue forecasts. May educate partners in Oracle commercial practices. Maintains an understanding of Oracle technology and articulates Oracle propositions to partners and their customers. Manage transaction contracts, business practices, and deal booking issues. Work with marketing to plan marketing events for partners.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years field sales experience to include 3 years channel sales experience. Strong sales/marketing skills including needs analysis, business justification, and closing methodologies. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Negotiating skills and ability to influence. Knowledge of Oracle field sales cycle and partner program. travel as needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.