Posted on :
26 Nov, 2019
26 Nov, 2019
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Job Title: Senior Banking Analytics Sales Rep East & West Africa
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record. Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle’s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills. Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Senior Banking Analytics Sales Rep – East & West Africa
Financial Services Global Business Unit (FSGBU) is a world leader in
providing IT solutions to the financial services industry. Oracle is the
world’s largest enterprise software vendor with 286,000 global
customers and USD 22.4 billion in revenue. Oracle’s customers include
ten of the top ten global banks, ten of the top ten insurance companies,
ten of the top ten securities firms, five of the top five mutual fund
companies and four of the top five World stock exchanges. With the
experience of delivering value-based IT solutions to over 840 financial
institutions in over 130 countries, the FSGBU understands the specific
challenges that financial institutions face: the need for building
customer intimacy and competitive advantage through cost-effective
solutions while, simultaneously, adhering to the stringent demands of a
dynamic regulatory environment. Our solutions have the world’s most
comprehensive and contemporary banking applications and provide a
technology footprint that addresses their complex IT and business
Products & Solutions Sold Under This Role:
• Oracle RPM -(Risk & Performance Management)
• Oracle Data Management & Regulatory Reporting
Brief Description of the Role:
The existing vacancy is for seasoned banking analytics software sales
person to position and sell licenses for Oracle’s OFSAA solutions,
comprising Enterprise Risk Management, Enterprise Performance Management
and Data Management & Regulatory Reporting. The territory is
defined as East & West Africa accounts within the banking &
• Satisfy revenue targets for licenses across the ERM / EPM and Data Management solutions in Southern Africa
• Competency in positioning the portfolio at a “C” level
• Building a deep and active engagement model with Clients
• Creating a tailored ‘case for transformation’ and solution proposal with supporting the business case for each opportunity
• Close opportunities in a timely and managed process
• Sales lead generation and pipeline management
• Lead FSGBU account plan and coverage model to identify target Clients
Seasoned software sales professional with solid experience in the areas
of Enterprise Risk Management and Enterprise Performance Management
within the Financial Service sector in East & West Africa
• Proven experience selling Banking industry software solutions
Experience in shaping and developing significant investment initiatives/projects of $US 5M and upwards, including business case development,
detailed solution scope, implementation approach, and plan, etc.
• Deep knowledge about the East & West African banking industry is vital.
Ability to bring in insights about the emerging trends in banks’ buying
patterns relative to core banking systems, enterprise risk management
and compliance systems is vital
• Proven network of executive-level contacts within the African banking community.
• Knowledge of IT and Banking
• Excellent communications skill
• Proven problem-solving capacity, including needs analysis and business justification skills
• Ability to travel as required across the region