Posted on :
14 Jan, 2019
14 Jan, 2019
Orcas Global is an indigenous business organisation established to provide innovative and environmentally friendly business products and services that address very unique socio-economic and environmental challenges in Ghana and Africa at large. We provide products and services in the field of agriculture, capacity building, and general logistics trade.
Job Title: Community Based Extension & Mobilisation Officer (CBM Officer)
Unit: Programmes and Programme Quality (Field based position)
Tittle of Position: Community Based Extension & Mobilisation Officer (CBM Officer)
Location: Northern Ghana. Specifically; North Gonja, East Gonja, West Gonja, Tolon, Kumbungu& Tamale Metro
Restrictions: 1-year time specified contract (possibility of extension). Must have a legal right to live and work in Ghana.
Reports to: Programs Manager or an Assigned Superior
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer
Expected travel: Significant travel throughout your operational area. (85%) – and also to central training locations (15%)
• Participate in any M&E, capacity building and training sessions.
• Participate in training opportunities provided by the organisation.
• Create awareness and sensitise farmers on VSLA as a means for self-financing of agriculture activities.
• Establish VSLAs in the project operational districts.
• Promote crop insurance and subscribe farmers in the VSLAs to the policy.
• Engage in periodic team meetings to discuss progress.
• Maintain records of all events, minutes of meetings held and ensure these are shared your assigned superior.
• Participate in the review of data collected from the field and in any planned assessments and reviews for the programme.
• Lead in managing and resolving day-to-day project related challenges or issues affecting farmers.
• Conduct sessions on livelihood related activities with farmers.
• Undertake extension services for community based farmers.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum certificate in agriculture extension, community development, or HND in marketing.
• Experience in mobilising communities, community leaders and young people to participate in programmes.
• Experience working with farmers living in rural / urban areas.
• Strong facilitation skills
• Good report writing skills
• Knowledge and familiarity with data collection tools and techniques
• Preparedness to work in a rural setting
• Strong problem solving skills appropriate for farmers
• Computer literacy; (word, excel, power point)
• Ability to motivate, support, or work with a team
• An ability to plan/schedule work activities independently, with minimum supervision.
Salary: Very Attractive and based on experience
Location: Northern Ghana – Specifically; North Gonja, East Gonja, West Gonja, Tolon, Kumbungu& Tamale Metro
How to Apply
Please send complete application to: [email protected] Please note, it must include a Letter of Motivation and CV with two referees.
Closing Date: 07 February, 2019