The Ghana Oil and Gas for Inclusive Growth (GOGIG) programme seeks to deliver the G8-Ghana partnership on Extractives launched by President Mahama and the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in June 2013. Within this framework, the GOGIG programme design is based on the Natural Resource Charter and was designed to help Ghana make the most of its new-found oil and gas resources.
Job Title: Technical Advisor
The overall goal is “Inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction and the programme is working towards achieving an outcome of “Effective management of oil and gas resources” through the delivery of the following five inter-related outputs:
- Enhanced regulatory mandate and policy coherence of the oil and gas sector
- Improved systems and oversight of oil and gas revenue capture
- Improved oil and gas revenue management and oversight
- Enhanced public engagement and oversight of the oil and gas sector
- Enhanced non-revenue pathways by which the oil and gas sector can contribute to inclusive growth
About the role
We are now seeking to recruit a long-term Technical Advisor to be based full time in Accra who will be responsible for managing the design and implementation of projects aimed at achieving the target results of the programme, primarily related to the identification and enhancement of the non-revenue pathways by which the oil and gas sector can contribute to inclusive growth (Output 5: Non-revenue Pathways to Inclusive Growth).
The Technical Advisor will:
- Work with the Team Leader to ensure that all interventions under Output 5 are in line with the objectives of the programme;
- Ensure an adequate pipeline of projects under Output 5 and effective partnership management; and
- Ensure effective implementation of project under Output 5, including financial performance, in order to achieve and possibly exceed annual log frame results targets.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience on their CV:
- Education to degree level, ideally Masters Level, in a subject relevant to GOGIG’s work.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience of working in a relevant development-related environment such as a consultancy, NGO or donor programme, ideally funded by DFID.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a range of programme partners including government, civil society stakeholders and academic institutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience of managing multi-cultural teams
- Excellent problem solving and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of both spoken and written English.
- Numeracy and ability to work with budgets and financial data.
- Ability to prioritise, show initiative and work calmly under pressure.
- Competence with Microsoft Office products (Word and Excel in particular).
- Right to work in Ghana is essential