A leading social impact investor in the Agricultural sector is looking for an experienced Senior Agricultural Advisor who will manage a green field project development of an irrigated Farming Hub and support the management of the commercial agricultural businesses established in the farming area. The main objective is to develop and support farming schemes by increasing productivity and incomes through improved farming techniques and linking them to the market.
Job Title: Senior Agricultural Advisor
The Advisor will be responsible for:
- The assessment of agronomic and commercial potential of pipeline investment opportunities.
- Analysis of business models in terms of production, management and marketing.
- Provide expert agronomy and commercial agriculture advice on investments, project assessment, due-diligence and design process.
- Assist with the implementation and development of new farms.
- Manage health, safety, environmental and budget control policies.
- Lead strategic partnerships with commercial farming companies.
- Oversee monthly reports and operational budgets preparation and controls.
- Ensure KPI’s are achieved; policies are followed and coordinate reports to the board.
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a University Degree in Agricultural or equivalent.
- At least 8 years demonstrable experience, 5 of which must have been in senior management role.
- Must have direct experience in managing large private agri-businesses, and working with commercial out-growers schemes in West Africa.
- The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, analytical with strong organisational skills.
- Be able to manage and deliver projects independently as well as manage other members of the team.
- Must have experience in farm operations and an entrepreneurial drive to take an idea and turn it into a high-quality finished product.
How to Apply
Kindly send your CVs to [email protected]
- Please ensure that your CV demonstrates how your experience‚ skills and abilities meet the selection criteria set out above.
- Please take note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.