Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development seeks a Chief of Party (COP) to support the anticipated USAID/West Africa’s Evidence for Development (E4D) activity. This follow-on activity aims to increase availability of evidence in health interventions for improved resource allocation, policy advocacy, and program planning across 6 West African countries. Initiatives include building the capacity of local partners to research, monitor, evaluate, and disseminate best practices in public health interventions and establishing strong linkages with regional bodies, national governments, and other public health stakeholders. The COP will define and manage overall contract requirements, including staffing and cost and quality control of all tasks and assignments undertaken to achieve this contract’s objectives. This position will be full time, based in Accra, Ghana.
Job Title: Chief of Party
- Providing management oversight of task orders including technical implementation and financial management.
- Leading and supervising the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract.
- Providing strategic input and technical assistance to health research and evaluation activities, including of HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment programs, health science, and other public health programming and policy advocacy on local, national, and regional levels.
- Ensuring the high-quality and timeliness of all deliverables.
- Reviewing of financial and logistical information for USAID compliance.
- Coordinating and collaborating with USAID, USAID partners, host country government officials, and other public health stakeholders.
- Overseeing evaluations and data collection services, including national or regional level population surveys; mid-term and final evaluations.
- Facilitate the use of performance information and evaluation findings to influence decision making and resource allocations.
- Facilitate meetings, forums, and groups that focus on peer learning and knowledge exchange.
- Ensure compliance of U.S. Government, local government, and Panagora Group rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- A Master’s degree in public health, international development, M&E or a related field
- 12 years of experience in international development or global health including M&E contracts
- 5 years managing large and complex projects/programs at the director level, preferably with USAID projects or with other international donors
- Experience interacting with senior US government officials, UN agencies, regional institutions, national governments, local organizations, and partners required; experience interacting with West African governments and their officials preferred
- Experience recruiting and successfully managing consultants, and ensuring the quality of their products
- Strong understanding, experience, and ability to deliver quality health services for Family Planning, HIV/AIDS, and Maternal and Child Health.
- Experience with PEPFAR funded-projects and familiarity with PEPFAR indicators strongly preferred
- Experience in the global health strategic information (SI) field and/or health information systems strongly preferred
- Experience using statistical software such as SAS or SPSS
- Fluency in written and spoken English; advanced French language preferred
Experience in any of the following technical areas is preferred:
- Performance monitoring
- Indicator development
- Evaluation methods
- Training/capacity building
- Data quality assessments
- Performance management planning
- Literature reviews
- Secondary data analysis
- Geospatial analysis
- Data visualization
- Collaborating, learning, and adapting
Closing Date: 10 July 2020