Posted on :
23 Oct, 2018
23 Oct, 2018
Partner Schools Worldwide (PSW) specialises in facilitating long term sustainable and ethical partnerships with organisations across the world. These genuine partnerships engage students, teachers and development professionals generating reciprocal educational value and mutual respect. We’re passionate about what we do and the impact we have across the world.
These visits provide the opportunity for students and teachers to work (and play!) together in a live environment with their peers from their partner school. Real life collaboration across a host of fun educational, cultural and sporting workshops as well as exciting community or conservation project work enables students from each country to gain a real understanding of each other’s perspectives and develop mutual respect as well as an appreciation of their own cultural heritage.
Job Title: Finance Manager
We are in need of an experienced, organised, friendly & efficient Finance Manager to run the financial procedures of the Ghana-based operations. The Ghana-based operations consist of PSW Ghana’s tour operator activities, as well as the project work performed by the NGO Ghana operation. A self-starter with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills is a requirement of this role. You will report directly to the MD.
Key responsibilities include:-
Income/Expense Monitoring (for both PSW Ghana and NGO Ghana)
• Document and monitor expenditure from the Ghana Bank Accounts
• Ensure designated controls over handling cash are implemented and adhered to
• Perform a monthly bank reconciliation between PSW Ghana records with the bank statements
• Prepare monthly budgets for the funds required from PSW UK.
• Cross-check actual spend against the monthly budget requested and report differences to PSW UK so these can be built in to future budgets as required.
Account Preparation (for both PSW Ghana and NGO Ghana)
• Liaise with PSW UK finance staff & MD to produce year-end accounts
• Ensure local tax submissions are made on-time
Regulatory (for both PSW Ghana and NGO Ghana)
• Prepare any returns required by local travel regulators, obtain MD sign-off, and submit to regulator in a timely manner
• Prepare & submit local VAT returns in line with local requirements
• Ensure local regulations are adhered to and highlight to PSW UK any issues that may arise
• Ensuring that online database and paper filing systems are kept complete and up to date
Other (for both PSW Ghana and NGO Ghana)
• Working with finance staff in the UK to review & improve existing procedures
• Reporting any processing or staffing issues to PSW UK in a timely manner
• Monthly payroll processing from the bank directly to employees, maintaining payslip documentation and adhering to controls surrounding payroll
What Are We Looking For?
• Proactive and positive approach to work
• Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise
• Taking pride in what you do
• Communicate effectively
Skills & Experience
• Online database systems/spreadsheet experience
• Financial management
• Attention to detail
Compensation & Benefits
Monthly salary of 1000-1500 cedis depending on experience and qualifications.
Full time (busier periods are Easter, Summer and October half-term when more school trips take place)
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and covering letter to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 11 November, 2018