Posted on :
27 Nov, 2020
27 Nov, 2020
Our client, PATH is a leader in global health innovation and an international non-profit organization. PATH saves lives and improves health, especially among women and children. Vaccines are one of the five platforms through which PATH accelerates innovation. PATH intends to undertake a mixed methods study to better quantify closed and open-vial wastage rates for vaccines used in the Expanded programme on Immunisation (EPI), as well as understand the major drivers behind the occurrence of wastage and their impact.
As part of our role of providing logistic enumerators for this mixed methods study. The enumerators will be responsible for the collection of qualitative and quantitative data in health facilities across Ghana within a stipulated period.
Job Title: Enumerators x17
Specifically, the enumerators will:
• Have an extensive knowledge of the Ghana health system
• Have knowledge of immunisation programme functioning and understand health system stock management processes
• Have demonstrated experience in immunisation service delivery, vaccine accountability management (VAM) and Outreach Training and Supportive Supervision
• Have demonstrated experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research studies, including, primary data collection focused on the health system, with preference for experience conducting studies related to the immunisation programme. The enumerator should also be trained in electronic data collection and transcription of audio recordings.
• Have the capacity to conduct on-site data quality checks (for consistency and accuracy) on all data collected and submit same to the Field Coordinator.
• Participate in a routine data cleaning exercises and ensure that observed data errors in their areas are promptly corrected
• In collaboration with the team lead, submit weekly field reports to GrowthAid
• Participate in data analysis as may be required
• Perform any other responsibilities assigned to them by them leader or field coordinator
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc or Diploma in Disease Control, Health Information Public Health or Social Science with 3 years experience in immunisation delivery and management. A Master’s degree with 2 years experience would be highly desirable
• Experience in conducting immununisation surveys, supportive supervision, PIE and other mixed methods or similar ones will be an added advantage
• Prior experience of using data collection tools (Kobo collect, AKVO Flow, ODK etc) and engaging in similar data collection exercises for PATH is highly desirable Availability and readiness to work throughout the duration of the study is non-negotiable
Skills and competencies
• Attention to detail and evidence of producing high quality work
• Ability to plan, organise and coordinate research activities
• Knowledge of, and ability to conduct, mixed methods studies
• Ability to lead a small team for results
• Good interpersonal skills
• Have excellent written and communication skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with a covering letter to: