Posted on :
13 Dec, 2021
13 Dec, 2021
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Africa Division leverages its internal and global expertise to drive transformative and innovative practices that reflect the African context. By mobilizing our talent within the region and working with our global teams, we take innovation to scale by working alongside our Ministries of Health to reduce health disparities. With potential for expansion to new countries, the Africa division currently works across seven country offices and three project offices distributed among four hubs—Central, East, Southern, and West Africa.
Job Title: Technical Strategy and Business Development Advisor, West Africa
Summary of Position
PATH is recruiting a Technical Strategy and Business Development Advisor to oversee positioning and proposal development for the West Africa regional hub. This position will report to the Deputy Director, Partnerships Development, with a dotted line to the Africa Regional Director of Technical Strategy and Business Development and will drive implementation of the division’s strategic planning and business development initiatives in West Africa. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana or Dakar, Senegal.
This position will work with West Africa country teams to champion engagement strategies for priority donors and strategic partners while building PATH’s reputation and brand in the region. Working closely with country leadership, they will identify and manage a multi-year pipeline of bilateral, multilateral, foundation, and private funding opportunities. Successful candidates will have a public health background, existing networks and connections with Ministries of Health, public and private donors, and local and international organizations, as well as be personally motivated to carry out PATH’s mission.
A: Lead Technical Strategy Efforts (40%)
B: Develop and Execute Donor and Partner Engagement Strategies (25%)
C: Pipeline and Proposal Management (25%)
D: Knowledge Management and Proposal Improvement (10%)
• A degree in public health and a minimum of 8 years of related experience required.
• Comprehensive understanding of public health in West Africa.
• Ability to cultivate and maintain productive relationships with current and potential public and private donors and local, regional, and international partners across the region.
• Demonstrated experience working with government and public health officials at every level.
• Knowledge of global health trends, issues, and priorities and bilateral, multilateral, foundation, and private sector global health donors.
• Proven experience positioning and developing proposals for US Government, other bilateral, multilateral, foundation, and corporate donor opportunities.
• Experience expanding programming into new countries preferred.
• Demonstrated success in managing diverse internal relationships to achieve goals.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities across time zones.
• Excellent written and verbal English and French language skills required.
• Ability to travel, if necessary, when deemed safe.