Posted on :
19 Jan, 2017
19 Jan, 2017
The Private Enterprise Federation (PEF), a non-profit and non-political organization established in 1994 to support the development and growth of private sector businesses in Ghana is seeking to engage the services of experts in the above role to undertake specific assignments per the details below, under a grant from Africa Lead, A USAID Contractor:
The overall goal of the support is to strengthen the organizational, human and financial resource capacities of PEF to enable it deliver on its mandate.
Job Title: Research / Financial Resource Consultant
• Develop a new resource mobilization strategy incorporating strategic priorities of senior Management and the Governing Council
• Prepare high quality grant applications with original writing proposals, reports, letters of intent, briefs, presentations, and other communications for submission to international funding organizations, donors and other potential funding sources in a timely manner.
• Organize, lead and manage proposal development including research and groundwork, setting out the road map and schedules for full-fledged strategic proposals with clearly laid out implementation plan,
• Manage the grant cycle for major donors, and corporate partners, including tracking progress and donor reporting.
• Coordinate strategic fundraising meetings and calls to provide programmatic information advising Management and other staff on funding priorities, and possible synergies.
• Conduct research, collect, analyze, and interpret data and information including the organization’s reports, budgets, etc., to develop viable fundraising proposals
• Prepare presentations on proposal content and participate in internal and external meetings about the organization’s programs and priorities.
• Lead in new program design and document the proceedings to inform proposal development
• Synthesize content and materials from the range of technical data to develop proposals with uniform style and voice and analyze the text against narrative requirements to determine what additional materials or resources are necessary to deliver an excellent proposal
• Develop and build capacity of staff in conceptualizing and writing winning proposals
• Undertake other fund raising assignments relevant to creating sustainable financial resources for the successful operations of the Federation and its members.
Period of Performance: March – September 2017
Estimated LOE: 6 months
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in Business Development, Accounting, Social Science, Human Resource, or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in resource mobilization/fundraising, new business and grant proposal development
• Track record of producing winning proposals
• Knowledge of private sector development issues essential
• Excellent writing skills. Note: candidates selected for an interview may be asked to submit writing samples of past work, and a writing assessment may also be administered
• Strong research capacity and communication skills; interpreting, analyzing complex information and issues and presenting such information in a clear and concise written manner for senior management
• Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously with independence;
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain required confidentiality.
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills and good organizational abilities
How to Apply
Interested Consultants can apply by submitting sealed applications and CVs with fee expectations addressed to the Chief Executive Officer and delivered or posted to the following addresses.
Private Enterprise Federation Bungalow
number 7 Prempeh II Street,
GIMPA Campus, Greenhill
Private Enterprise Federation
P. O. Box CT 1671
For further enquiries contact the Federation through 0302-974983.
Closing Date: 31 January, 2017
NB: Only short-listed Applicants will be contacted.