PEG Africa is a leader in deploying and financing solar to households and SMEs in West Africa. Via its PAYG financing model, it enables customers to replace their perpetual spending on poor-quality polluting fuels such as kerosene and diesel with solar energy. PEG is currently serving hundreds of thousands of daily users in Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal and Mali, and has recently expanded its financing and deployment capabilities to include solar water irrigation and bigger solar power systems for SMEs.
Job Title: Customer Experience Manager
PEG has grown from 12 employees in Ghana, to 400+ employees across Ghana and Ivory Coast in the last two years. In addition to this, we have 200+ commission based sales agents, 40+ service centers in Ghana, and over a dozen investors and grantors. We are seeking an exceptional, experienced leader, with a long-term career interest in development and finance, and the ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced environment. As part of a rapidly growing organization, We are looking for a dedicated individual to Help drive boost in sales by managing Direct Sales Representatives and SalesForce Managers.
- Determine customer service team operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews
- Maintain and improve call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs;
- Plan and execute surveys (NPS, etc..) to assess the end to end experience of internal and external customers and use these to drive transformation across the company on processes and policies
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Execute customer service policies and procedures including call-scripts, performance monitoring, and team schedules
- Manage growth of professional team: estimated +30 customer care representatives and 2 Customer Care Managers
- Financial planning for all departments needs, budget control and always ensuring the financial viability of all the CX departments strategies
The successful candidate must have:
- 5+ years of high-level experience in customer care, preferably in a related industry such as financial, mobile‐money or other commission-based product/service in West Africa.
- Proven ability to build and manage a professional customer care team and support functions, in a comparable industry.
- Experience in the development and management of reports-based customer analysis.
- Educated in a related field, such as business administration, customer service or marketing.
- Capacity to innovate creating processes and structures in the customer team.
- Ability to work efficiently in high demand, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to assimilate customer feedback and lead planning and execution of high-level customer-facing strategies.
- Knowledge of the local business environment, particularly in financial services, mobile money or telecoms industries.
- Excellent computer literacy, communication, and analytical skills.
- Affinity towards entrepreneurship, understanding the potential benefits of mobile technology to low‐income people.
- English fluency, French will be an added advantage.